Triton 500 PT515-51-70BJ : Screen turn off randomly while gaming!

Options
1235»

Answers

• WardenRomeo
    WardenRomeo Member Posts: 97 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited June 2019
    Options
    As I said yesterday I have a lot of ghosting since I've touch the hz of the screen. How can I do now ?
    I've tested it and on Assassin's Creed Unity it's horrible, I didn't have that before changing the hz!

Edit : it was Gsync which made problems!
    Is there a solution to update Gsync or downgrade it without updating the NVIDIA drivers pls?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you try to increase the refresh rate to 120hz? Did you try to increase the refresh rate to 120hz? About gsync, have you checked that the problem remains when you do not play fullscreen?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    Did you try to increase the refresh rate to 120hz? Did you try to increase the refresh rate to 120hz? About gsync, have you checked that the problem remains when you do not play fullscreen?
    Yeah if I'm not in full screen Gsync is turned off.
    I found a solution, on NVIDIA control panel I set the colors from "default" to "nvidia colors" and it works! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does it also work at 144hz?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    No, that's so weird, it worked a bit but I restarted my laptop and now it doesn't work.
    When I installed the last drivers (NVIDIA) I saw something. If I do alt tab and go back to the game the screen flash black and then it is ghosting a lot!
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    For the moment since the last day the screen didn't turned off (I don't know why). 
    But now I have a problem with the killer wifi card. The internet is slow and I have to restart the card every time that I want to play online or download something^^

I contacted Killercontrol already.

If someone has the same issue please help.
    I'll maybe create a new comment just for that issue^^
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I found a solution, on NVIDIA control panel I set the colors from "default" to "nvidia colors" and it works!  >>>

>>>When I installed the last drivers (NVIDIA) I saw something.>>>

It was working. So what changed? Did you try to install another nvidia driver and now it doesn't work? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I found a solution, on NVIDIA control panel I set the colors from "default" to "nvidia colors" and it works!  >>>

>>>When I installed the last drivers (NVIDIA) I saw something.>>>

It was working. So what changed? Did you try to install another nvidia driver and now it doesn't work? Jack E/NJ

By changing the color it works sometimes but only for the session, if I restart my laptop it won't work. Currently I have Gsync off^^

For the killer wifi card have you a solution ?
  • JackE
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters. Right click to properties on the wifi card. Click power management tab. Uncheck box to let computer turn it off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• topdog
    topdog Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. Don't know what should i do .
  • JackE
    Options
    Did this random screen shutoff happen suddenly for no apparent reason? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    topdog said:
    I personnally sent the laptop like 3 times, after the first 2 times the screen was still turning off sometimes and the wifi card started to work randomly too!
    I think the second time I received it I was still experiencing reverse ghosting so the shop finally refund me and I took the Zephyrus GX502.

BUT I think that changing the motherboard fixed the random screen issue, I'm not sure about that as the first time the screen turned off was like 3 months after buying this machine.
  • Krandor
    Krandor Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    topdog said:

As far as I can tell the issue is tied into the Intel GPU drivers, specifically ones automatically installed via Windows Update (and the issue exists whether running in Optimus mode or not).  From reading around various forums it sounds like installing the most up to date version of the drivers may fix the issue.

I personally never have a use for Optimus mode so I completely uninstalled the Intel GPU drivers and also removed the device in Device Manager, and haven't seen the black screen issue for 3-4 months now.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @KrandorAnd when installing the dch drivers, does the same problem occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• smileysmiley
    smileysmiley Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same problem with my Predator PT515-51. Whenever I start playing a game the screen turns black after 10 mins. I can still hear the sound of the game, keyboard is on, fans are working. I have updated the GEForce drivers. 

More, I have sent the laptop back to acer TWICE and they said id was all fine. Obviously not fine. 

If anyone solved this problem PLEASE let me know what you did. 

Thanks. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, you'll probably have to re-paste the gpu heat exchanger yourself with a better thermal conductor like ArcticMX4 or Kryonaut. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• smileysmiley
    smileysmiley Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thanks, this worked for me. Installed the DCH control panel and limited my FPS to 120 under the Nvidia control panel as suggested in the above. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend @smileysmiley

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Congratulations! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ