My Helios 300 restarting itself

saltyreader
saltyreader Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had thos problem ealrier and sent it to service -It was not opening back in time- rn my pc restarts itself while I am playin idk what to do. It might be because of overheating but temperature is always under 70 or around 70. I repaste the thermal paste too Just for better temperatures. Thx for your time already 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    How many watts or amps is your charger? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• saltyreader
    saltyreader Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

9.23 A it says
  • JackE
    What is your full model number PH31x-xx ???  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    OGMike Member Posts: 123 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    One having similar if not same issue and I too am trying to find a solution
  • JackE
    Need full ACER model number PH31x-xx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    mine is PH315-51 with I7-8750
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM
    144hz screen
    along with stock SSD and a external SSD

• JackE
    If you have the same 180w or ~9A charger, it should be able to keep up with the gaming load for quite a while as long as it doesn't overheat (CPU/GPU temps stay consistently below 94*C) under the following conditions --- the battery should be near 100% charged, charger plugged in, and ControlPanel power plan set to performance mode BEFORE starting the game. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    i just checked mine and it is set to "high performance" already

• JackE
    Is the battery 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start gaming? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    yes it is, i always keep in plugged in while gaming

• JackE
    How long does gaming last starting off with a fully-charged battery before it restarts itself? And what was the battery charge level immediately after it restarts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    when i first got it about a week ago it would freeze with a black screen pretty much every game, but lately it will do it after very long periods of time and freeze once or twice and go back to normal, but its only really restarted twice, most times i have to force restart. I havent really paid any attention to the battery life afterwards, but next time it does it, i will look.

• OGMike
    update: battery percentage stays the same (100%) after crashing
  • JackE
    OGMikeDrop ControlPanel power plan back to balanced mode. Change all dim, display and computer timer settings to 'never'.  If gaming seems OK on balanced but it still freezes like it did, return it to the vendor/seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the RMA period expires. Warranty service will take longer and probably a tough one to crack due to the intermittancy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    trying that now, also would a fresh start of my windows 10 possibly work?

• JackE
    Yes, an ALT+F10 cold boot re-set would be the last thing to try just before you return it to the vendor. But first see what happens with the balanced power plan and button settings. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    alright ill keep updating if anymore problems occur

• OGMike
    JackE said:
    Yes, an ALT+F10 cold boot re-set would be the last thing to try just before you return it to the vendor. But first see what happens with the balanced power plan and button settings. Jack E/NJ

So I tried this but still ran into the random black screens, I’ve done the reset of windows but have not been able to test it due to work, but one more question, I’m using BIOS 1.26, would reverting my BIOS to 1.15 possibly fix it seemings how that’s the BIOS update that “fixed” this problem?

• JackE
    OGMike>>>I’m using BIOS 1.26, would reverting my BIOS to 1.15 possibly fix it seemings how that’s the BIOS update that “fixed” this problem?>>>

What was your machine's factory-installed BIOS version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• OGMike
    JackE said:
    OGMike>>>I’m using BIOS 1.26, would reverting my BIOS to 1.15 possibly fix it seemings how that’s the BIOS update that “fixed” this problem?>>>

What was your machine's factory-installed BIOS version? Jack E/NJ

It came with 1.19