Does Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 SF315-41 support M.2 PCIe NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 SSD

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,565 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Due to wrong BIOS update by acer >>>

What do you mean  "wrong BIOS update by ACER" ? Who updated the wrong BIOS firmware and why? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    kuduku Member Posts: 83 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Due to wrong BIOS update by acer >>>

What do you mean  "wrong BIOS update by ACER" ? Who updated the wrong BIOS firmware and why? Jack E/NJ
    RAM is supposed by 2400/2600Mhz . It was this on BIOS version 1.04
    After upgrade to BIOS version 2.03 and continuing up to latest version 2.12 on 2019/01/02 its stuck on 1197mhz

• JackE
    Options
    Yes, but who at ACER updated it and why did ACER do this? These updates should NOT be applied unless there is a problem. What problem did you have with v1.04? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    Options
    JackE said:
    Yes, but who at ACER updated it and why did ACER do this? These updates should NOT be applied unless there is a problem. What problem did you have with v1.04? Jack E/NJ
    I only updated the BIOS when was trying to get NVME working , but why did acer reduce memory speeds ?
  • JackE
    Options
    None of those  update descriptions were intended to address nvme issues. Larger size m.2 nvme cards like the in 970s are notorious for having compatibility issues in many different laptops models. Check to make sure Control Panel power plan is still set to high or max performance, your laptop plugged in and battery near 100% charge when checking RAM frequencies. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    Options
    JackE said:
    None of those  update descriptions were intended to address nvme issues. Larger size m.2 nvme cards like the in 970s are notorious for having compatibility issues in many different laptops models. Check to make sure Control Panel power plan is still set to high or max performance, your laptop plugged in and battery near 100% charge when checking RAM frequencies. Jack E/NJ

all checked and found correct

ram.jpg 68.7K
  • JackE
    Options
    Other than CPUz metrics, what new problems are you seeing with the new firmware? If none, best to leave well enough alone due to the danger of bricking or causing other disabling side effects. BIOS flashing should only be used as a last resort. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    Options
    JackE said:
    Other than CPUz metrics, what new problems are you seeing with the new firmware? If none, best to leave well enough alone due to the danger of bricking or causing other disabling side effects. BIOS flashing should only be used as a last resort. Jack E/NJ
    yes , thats why left it
  • JackE
    Options
    Good! But please let us know if you notice any new problems that might suggest a RAM frequency limitation. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• mafozi
    mafozi Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello, everyone
    If I can use the topic to ask
    Has anyone managed to put 2 discs on the laptop model in question.
    In this case, it is sold with a SSD, a HDD, or a model with both discs.
    If someone bought one disk model only, have an option to add the other one ... any ideas ?
  • JackE
    Options
    mafozi >>>If someone bought one disk model only, have an option to add the other one ... any ideas ?

Yes, if it has one m.2 SSD card drive, you can add a 2.5" HDD or SDD. If it has one 2.5" HDD or SSD, you can add a m.2 SSD card drive. The specs claim some mainboards might even allow an extra optional 2.5" HDD or SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mafozi said:
    Hello, everyone
    If I can use the topic to ask
    Has anyone managed to put 2 discs on the laptop model in question.
    In this case, it is sold with a SSD, a HDD, or a model with both discs.
    If someone bought one disk model only, have an option to add the other one ... any ideas ?
    I have 256GB M.2 SSD and 1 TB HDD
    Mine came with 1TB HDD only no SSD
  • seerra
    seerra Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    kuduku said:
    Which brand have you installed in it? Samsung 860 EVO....?
  • kuduku
    Options
    seerra said:
    kuduku said:
    Which brand have you installed in it? Samsung 860 EVO....?
    intel 5400 Pro 240GB
    960 EVO is in to do things
  • mafozi

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    mafozi >>>If someone bought one disk model only, have an option to add the other one ... any ideas ?

Yes, if it has one m.2 SSD card drive, you can add a 2.5" HDD or SDD. If it has one 2.5" HDD or SSD, you can add a m.2 SSD card drive. The specs claim some mainboards might even allow an extra optional 2.5" HDD or SSD. Jack E/NJ

https://imgur.com/a/HxxHD1R

This is mine, come only with SSD
    Can you tell me what i need to buy to add normal hdd for storage
    Tnx :)
  • JackE
    Options
    mafozi  You only need to buy a short section of standard 2.5" HDD or SSD SATA3 cable so that it'll reach the mainboard conncector whereever you can find a space for the HDD or SSD.  You really don't need a separate 2.5" HDD or SSD bracket as you can immobilize and protect the drive inside the case by using antistatic foam or bag similar to that shown in the image below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mafozi

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Options
    Sorry again but how can find this cable ?
    And if it's not very expensive this hdd bracket, will not it be better with him so he does not get to move inside the laptop
    If you know any links for the cable and bracket, I'd be grateful to find them
    Thank you again
  • JackE
    Options
    mafozi Any computer shop that sells 2.5" HDDs or SSDs can supply this internal laptop HDD cable and HDD bracket. You can also find them online by google internal laptop HDD cable. I never use brackets in my laptops. But the choice is yours if it makes you feel better. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mafozi

Tinkerer

Options
    Where I live there are no shops
    There is only amazon and ebay :)
    And I look at the connector from the picture that is outlined and I think it's a little special
    It is hardly universal for all laptops
    That's why I was wondering if you or someone else accidentally knew exactly how to look for her and order her through the net
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mafozi Here is the exact flexible flat ribbon cable (FFC) with the ACER part number. Best to google the part number for vendors like Amazon  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-50-GSLN5-006-Cable-HDD-FFC/dp/B07689NWTL  Exact bracket is on next page. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ