Does Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 SF315-41 support M.2 PCIe NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 SSD

Options

Answers

• kuduku
    kuduku Member Posts: 83 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    @kuduku  If your mainboard doesn't have a replaceable GPU card, it's ***likelier*** to have an m.2 SATA slot than a mainboard with a replaceable GPU card.  Jack E/NJ
    I suppose Ryzen laptop motherboard wouldn't have a separate graphics card as processor itself has a strong Gpu  And manufacturers would be using the same for cost cutting 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think what JackE was hinting at is if you study the link below, you'll find a pattern with which ones are using Intel 600p PCIe NVMe SSD. 

vega mobile 

It could be a coincidence. Perhaps not.  

http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF315-41/76567
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kuduku
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>SSD>>>this was not recognized in BIOS as even installed>>>

This should've at least been recognised by the BIOS if it was GPS partitioned. Let's try to see what's supposed to be compatible. Go to crucial dot com. Download and run their scanner to see if it can identify the m.2 SSD properties that are recommended for your mainboard. Report back. Jack E/NJ  

it doesnt show any SSD available for upgrade . Still waiting for the service center to revert 

• kuduku
    Options
    retail Service center doesn't know , but part Number was helpful , Corporate service center was 99% sure that intel one would work . 
    Also gave another Acer part # KN.2560N.001 would also work .
  • Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have the ryzen 5 2500u mondel. The internal factory pcie ssd has 1200/600 read/write speed which is pretty good for budget laptop. Now for swift 3. You must know if your mondel have pcie m2 connector at hdd place. IF NOT probably you may remove the wifi internal adaptor and put there an m2 ssd but you loose internal wifi and you need to put an external usb wifi adaptor.
  • JordanB
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Mpegleris

As far as I know, on most newer Acer laptops, the M.2 slot for Wifi is "E" keyed.....so an M.2 SSD wouldn't be compatible in that E keyed Wifi M.2 slot
  • JordanB
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @kuduku

yes,  kn.2560n.001 is the 256 GB Intel 600p NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

please let us know the outcome
  • kuduku
    Options
    JordanB said:
    @kuduku

yes,  kn.2560n.001 is the 256 GB Intel 600p NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

please let us know the outcome
    ordered 256 GB Intel 600p NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD but not from Acer service 
    picking up off market , lets see , will receive in 3/4 days 
    thanks to you all guys for helping me out 
  • kuduku
    Options
    Mpegleris said:
    I have the ryzen 5 2500u mondel. The internal factory pcie ssd has 1200/600 read/write speed which is pretty good for budget laptop. Now for swift 3. You must know if your mondel have pcie m2 connector at hdd place. IF NOT probably you may remove the wifi internal adaptor and put there an m2 ssd but you loose internal wifi and you need to put an external usb wifi adaptor.
    No LAN port so cant remove the WIFI card even if SSD woud have workedin that 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    I think @Mpegleris was referring to an external USB wifi adapter. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    Options
    @JordanB
    @JackE
    Intel 600P also didnt work . This laptop is PIA ......
    tried everything , including disabling secure boot , disabling HDD1 , disabling and enabling HDD0 , installed Intel SSD toolbox , tried installing intel NVMe driver which doesnt install as no device detected .
    Nothing just nothing in BIOS HDD0
    this is the SSD i got 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
    kuduku said:
    @JordanB
    @JackE
    tried everything , including disabling secure boot , disabling HDD1 , disabling and enabling HDD0 , installed Intel SSD toolbox , tried installing intel NVMe driver which doesnt install as no device detected .
    this is the SSD i got 

Hi,
    Install the HDD with the original OS, install Minitool partition wizard free, install the M.2 SSD, right click Minitool partition wizard and run as admin, check whether the program recognises the SSD.
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
  • kuduku
    Options
    kuduku said:
    @JordanB
    @JackE
    this is the SSD i got 

Hi,
    Install the HDD with the original OS, install Minitool partition wizard free, install the M.2 SSD, right click Minitool partition wizard and run as admin, check whether the program recognises the SSD.
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
    Already done earlier 
    Minitool partition wizard does not see any HDD /ssd except the 1TB HDD installed 
  • kuduku
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check this link and see whether it helps:https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/ssd-not-showing-up.html
    will check and update 
  • kuduku
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check this link and see whether it helps:https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/ssd-not-showing-up.html
    No didnt help . In the article the SSD is being shown as the second HDD/SSD as being installed . Partition hidden or not initialized is the error . In my case in Partition Wizard their is no second HDD/SSD visible . I had check using both Windows Disk management and partion wizard . Their is no second disk 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to BIOS setting, press F9 button to set the default settings, press F10 to save and exit, then remove the HDD,leave only the M.2 SSD and check whether it shows up in BIOS.
  • kuduku
    Options
    Go to BIOS setting, press F9 button to set the default settings, press F10 to save and exit, then remove the HDD,leave only the M.2 SSD and check whether it shows up in BIOS.
    done with only difference that did not remove HDD but disabled it from BIOS so that it was not being shown in HDD1
    Even deleted secure boot data ....
    nothing 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>disabled it from BIOS>>>

I'm not sure that qualifies with these strange-acting UEFIs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kuduku
    Options
    JackE said: