Line down the middle, overlapping image

Answers

• Dolphin_85
    Dolphin_85 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Has anybody confirmed if this overlapping line down the screen still occurs when G-sync is disabled ? By the way I bought the Dell S2716DG      G-sync monitor before the Predator it also had the same problem it's not just a Acer thing.
  • Owker
    Owker Member Posts: 2 New User
    So my Acer XB271HU bought in the USA has a manufacture date of Mar 2018 and I also get the overlapping line down the screen. I'm going to PM Acer-Manny.
    I did too, no answer :/ 
  • Dolphin_85
    Owker said:
    So my Acer XB271HU bought in the USA has a manufacture date of Mar 2018 and I also get the overlapping line down the screen. I'm going to PM Acer-Manny.
    I did too, no answer :/ 

Well he did send me a message saying sorry and to send him a pic of the problem, which this whole thread is based on the same problem and now I'm quoting from the first page of this thread:

"there is a line exactly down the middle of the screen where the left side of the screen seems to have had its display shifted right a few mm but the right side is still where its meant to be. The bit that has been shifted right then appears over on the far left as if it has overlapped and re-appeared starting from the left"

I'm not going to return it for another cause it will be the same, who knows. It's not worth the hassle. It's not a big deal cause it's easily corrected when you turn off the monitor then back on it's gone. It's still the best 27" gaming monitor can buy in it's category.
  • Dolphin_85
    Well should mention I upgraded to the lasted geforce drivers and I've not seen the problem show up again.
  • JianS
    JianS Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 2018
    Bought this Monitor in Nov or Oct 2017. Has the line down the center issue. Today was first time it shows on the right side instead of left. I thought maybe it was my old card. I built a completely new computer I7 8700k, and GTX1070 with 16gb ram. Everything down to the M.2 ssd is brand new. Problem persist. Is there an update we can do ourselves, or do we have to send the monitor in to have it fixed? I use it for work, and will lose $160 a day without it. Which means it's cheaper to buy a new monitor from someone else.  If the answer is yes to having it sent in, then it looks like this is the last Acer I will ever buy. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi JianS,

I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences cause. Yes, the monitor needs to be sent for repair (Acer Repair Center) to have the fix apply to it.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

• JianS
    JianS Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi JianS,

I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences cause. Yes, the monitor needs to be sent for repair (Acer Repair Center) to have the fix apply to it.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

Ty for selling me this garbage then. I am not going to lose paychecks over this, and will never buy from you again. 
  • blieobld
    blieobld Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    So i sent mine in and they claimed on the ticket they flashed the firmware version. However its the same version as the one i sent in before.
    20170116_0_2963_14    

So at this point did i waste 40 bucks and two weeks of my time ? 
  • Cerilia
    Cerilia Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Perhaps they are talking about flashing the gsync modules firmware?
  • Cerilia
    Hi JianS,

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

Can you explain please whether its a Monitor firmware issue or as suspected a Gsync module issue? And whether they either flash the monitor firmware or can they flash the Gsync module separately.
  • blieobld

Tinkerer

Cerilia said:
    Hi JianS,

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

Can you explain please whether its a Monitor firmware issue or as suspected a Gsync module issue? And whether they either flash the monitor firmware or can they flash the Gsync module separately.

Well regardless the issue continues as of this morning. So complete waste of time and money. 

• blieobld

Tinkerer

Cerilia said:
    Perhaps they are talking about flashing the gsync modules firmware?
    The problem continues and its just been a complete waste of time and money with this monitor. They  claimed to flash the firmware but sent it back with the exact same version. Want me to send it back in to wait however long since the issue is still occurring. 

• Pepper_
    Pepper_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    blieobld said:
    They  claimed to flash the firmware but sent it back with the exact same version. Want me to send it back in to wait however long since the issue is still occurring. 

Hello,

yeah I have the impression, that the firmware fix is not helping with this issue. After all, I have a very recent monitor with the lastet firmware, where the issue is supposed to be fixed, but it is still present :(

• Cerilia
    For me the worst part is Blieobld was clearly lied to by ACER..... thats awful from a so called professional company. Clearly the firmware wasn't flashed.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have a fix for this but you all have to contact your local Acer Support organization in order to set the unit up for repair to apply the fix.

blieobld - The firmware might of been re-flashed and not update it from the previous version and that's why you see same version, i will recommend to contact the service center again to get that clarify. 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• blieobld

Tinkerer

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have a fix for this but you all have to contact your local Acer Support organization in order to set the unit up for repair to apply the fix.

blieobld - The firmware might of been re-flashed and not update it from the previous version and that's why you see same version, i will recommend to contact the service center again to get that clarify. 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

Manny,

What version of firmware should i be seeing? Like i posted above the listed version is a year and a half old? 

The fact that i have to go back to the 14in monitor on my laptop for 8-10hrs for another 2 weeks or more is just irritating. 
  • Cerilia
    Why Acer are you deleting user comments about this topic?
  • Alex_F1304
    Alex_F1304 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Greetings everyone! I have specifically registered at this forum to post my feedback. And yeah, I've purchased this monitor Acer XB271HU 2 weeks ago, the monitor was produced in April 2018 (the 14th week, the firmware version 20170116_0_2963_14) Guess what? I also have this problem, it appeared on the first day after the purchase of the monitor (at first I thought it was a Windows 10 glitch). After that I saw these vertical lines the second time, I started to search for information on the Google and I saw this topic. As it turned out, this problem is on monitors of any brand that uses the same WQHD panel by AU Optronics. As far as I know, this issue doesn't appear at 165Hz, but I'm not sure.
    Dear Acer-Manny, stop advising everyone to contact the service center to solve this problem, because your service center doesn't solve this issue. They will just give you a refrabrished monitor, where there will be absolutely the same problem. You wrote about some miraculous firmware, which was announced in 2016, but my monitor was produced in April 2018, and the firmware version of January 16, 2017, and still this problem is present.
    1) Why this firmware wasn't updated for new monitor revisions?
    2) This issue exists for more than 2 years, why do you still ship defective monitors?
    3) Why do users have to pay a lot of money for your products so that on the first day of use they go to the service center? Really?
    4) What revision should I buy to avoid this issue?
    And this is not the only one problem with the monitor. If you turn on the black background, you can see hundreds of small green dots (subpixels) on the monitor screen, it looks like a "starry sky". I've watched 12 copies of this monitor and absolutely on each copy there were these dots. The quality of the products is poor, the quality control is low. Dear Acer, please, fix this issue, otherwise stop shipping defective monitors :angry:
  • kelfella
    kelfella Member Posts: 4 New User
    I posted earlier on this thread but I feel I should comment again . After contacting Acer regarding this fault they advised me to send it in for repair . I emailed the repair centre , which is an outside contractor , saying that I read the fault is related to the firmware . They replaced the screen no mention of firmware . The new screen has the same fault . The screen replacement has caused backlight bleed , which was not there before,  also the plastic on the rear of the monitor was damaged . Probably happened laid flat on a work bench . Acer needs to acknowledge this fault and be honest to it's customers .
  • Pepper_
    Pepper_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah , what kellfella said is the reason why I will not send the device in. 

There is no fix. You get the minitor back with the same problem. and you run the chance of receiving aarefurbished item with a bad panel.

Hell, I worked in IT support, and I understand how things work there. At this point I even suspect the guys doing the repairs don't even understand the problem...
This discussion has been closed.