Line down the middle, overlapping image

Answers

• CRE4MPIE
    CRE4MPIE Member Posts: 13 New User

Going back to my original response ...

What resolution are you running ? Your start bar is TINY. Are you running some custom scaling ?

CP

• ewokuk
    ewokuk Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

me?  As I said straight after your post, I have never run anything other than the native resolution.  I have no custom scaling

• MavinSadow
    MavinSadow Member Posts: 4 New User

After switching to a higher quality cable I have only had this issue one time. After the one incident with the new cable, I changed the hz to 120 when not in a game, 144hz in game. Also I noticed this usually only ever happened to me when the computer had only been powered on recently. I also started making sure the computer had been started up for about 10 seconds before turning the monitor on. 

I had an issue with the same setup with my previous monitor, 980GTX/Benq 32inch, where the monitor would never get a signal from the video card if you started the monitor up to quickly after the desktop was started. This Acer has never done that but I figured paying more attention to that wouldnt hurt. 

So not sure what is really helping, new cable, 120hz, letting PC start up for several seconds before starting the monitor. 

• ka777
    ka777 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi 

I have the same exact problem though overlapping image on the right. Its ashame because otherwise this screen is amazing no light bleed, no dead pixels. Its perfect. But i hope this can be resolved in a driver form maybe.

Its happened to me 3 times in 4 days, i am running the screen at native 2560x1440, at 144 hz , no overclock, no ULMB. 

• Fat_Avocado
    Fat_Avocado Member Posts: 1 New User
    I’ve been contacted by support. Proposed to sent my monitor to the service center 
  • kelfella
    kelfella Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the exact same issue , a 1mm vertical strip from the centre of the screen is appearing on the left side edge of the screen . I'm also getting "no signal" after start up . Both these issues are intermittent . Did anyone get this resolved ? 
  • CharlesChan
    CharlesChan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi , I also have the same issue . However , mine seems to be a permanent problem . 
    It happened suddenly when i was gaming and after that it can never be revert back to normal. :anguished:

• kelfella
    1. Hi , Acer took mine in for repair this week . When I get the monitor back i will post the repair details . 
  • Swankman
    Swankman Member Posts: 1 New User
    NOVEMBER 20th 2017

Has there been a fix for this yet? 

Had this monitor two weeks and it's started randomly doing this.  Mine takes a line out of the middle and puts it on the right.  CPU restart or turning the monitor on/off will sort it out....for now.   If it becomes permanent i'll be pretty *****!  

Cory m8, what's goin' on!?!   B)

Cheeers.
  • CharlesChan
    CharlesChan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey guys, I'm glad to inform you all that my monitor has been fixed. :smiley:

What I did is i download a software called the JScreenFix deluxe and I run the Accurate equalized repair strategy for like 1-2hours.

The first 4-5 tries did not work and just as I was about to give up, my screen suddenly flicker every second for like 30 minutes and suddenly the screen is fixed back to normal.

Although the screen quality is not as good as it used to be now but there is no more ghosting, no more blur image , no more overlapping etc.

However,mine might be just a miracle that it's fixed back to normal, I'm not sure if this strategy will also work for others.

Cheers, :smiley:
  • manilaboy1vic
    manilaboy1vic Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with my monitor, BUT.......  I recently purchased a DELL monitor and the same thing happened.. im starting to think its  a gysnc issue..  ill attempt to disable gysnc and see if the problem goes away.
  • PredatorGAZ
    PredatorGAZ Member Posts: 5 New User
    I can report that I have seen this issue as well.  I find that if i just set the refresh down to 120Hz and then back to 144Hz the problem vanishes for a bit.  I am currently running the latest geforce drivers on a 1080TI with a Predator XB1
  • ManOnFire
    ManOnFire Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all, also having this issue with the 271HU,  I've had the monitor a month and it's just started a week or so ago. I'm running 144hz Gsync at 1440p with the Acer DP cable on an MSI 1080.

Seems to be a variety of ways to make it go away. Off and back on, changing the aspect from wide to 1:1 and back etc. But no actual cure.

I have until Feb to return it if needed but I'd rather not if there's a fix for this. 
  • TwoEggs
    TwoEggs Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same issue. Brand new XB271HU, line down the left hand side (Where my second monitor is). Seems to happen at random, I've been trying to reproduce but with no luck.

Gsync on.
    144Hz.
    MSI GTX 1070.
    Native Resolution.

It's weird. This was an issue over a year ago with this Panel (it also affected the Asus model that uses the same panel) and was fixed with a Firmware update. I've checked my firmware and it is 20170116_0_2963_14. According to the official post from 2016 when this issue first started, 20160526_0_2434_14 and newer should include the fix, so either it's unrelated to Firmware or a newer version of the Firmware has been botched. 

I guess we need to try and see if there is a common denominator with regards to setup / settings that causes it to happen, or wait and see if anybody from Acer can tell us if it's ANOTHER Firmware issue? I'm definitely leaning towards it being a Gfx card driver issue this time, seems a bit unlikely that it would be fixed back in 2016, and then suddenly in Novemberish 2017 it comes back. Timing coincides with Nvidias release of 388 drivers. 

If this issue can be identified as a Driver fault, it would very much be appreciated if somebody from Acer can push them to correct the issue. Looking on the Nvidia forums, every post about this is just getting slammed with comments about how it's a Firmware issue, and nothing to do with Nvidia or Drivers. I think people aren't aware that it was a Firmware issue in 2016, and was then fixed, so I definitely don't think Nivida is going to take any action without being pushed to do so and presented with proof.

Happy to provide any more information about this, but would really appreciate an Acer response, even if it's just acknowledgement that it's being looked into (again). 

Thanks for your time!
  • Zagbits
    Zagbits Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi ladies/gents,

I appear to be experiencing the same issue as you unfortunately, having bought this monitor from Amazon.co.uk on the 18th of Dec. I've previously had an AOC G2460PG which also has G-SYNC (currently being used as my second monitor), which has never experienced this issue.

I've checked the Firmware version of my model, which is listed as 20170116_0_2963_14, indicating that the issue experienced last year should be fixed. I have until the 1st of Feb to return the monitor, and whilst I do love it (no blb, no dead pixels, great colours), i'd rather not be stuck with an issue that has already started to become annoying whenever it randomly decides to trigger, as I either have to enter a full screen application, change my refresh rate or turn it off/on to remove it.

Many thanks.
  • Evadr
    Evadr Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue with an Oct 2017 manufacture date. It was running at 60Hz at the time.  I would have a very hard time believing this is a driver issue when it's exhibiting the exact same symptom as a prior known problem.  Can you tell me how I go about seeing my firmware version?
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Use the following steps to check the firmware version of your monitor:

1. Power off monitor.
    2. Press and hold the empowering button + Power button.
    3. Keep holding BOTH buttons.
    4. Release the power button when the desktop appears and immediately release and press the empowering button again.
    5. The firmware version will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
    The empowering button is the first one. 

For what it's worth, mine is also October 2017 manufacture date. Wonder if it's the same for everybody?

One of the reasons I thought it could be Drivers is because on the Nivida forums some people are having this issue with different monitors. Not just the XB271HU and the Asus PG279Q (which are the 2 using the same panel that had the original issue in 2016).

From what I understand the issue wasn't specifically Acers fault. It was a compatability issue relating to Nivida cards and just happened to be corrected by Firmware. It's a bit hard to tell the details as all the official posts from Acer about it were deleted once it was fixed (Some of the Asus ones still exist but information is still rare). 

I've been arranged to have an Acer Representative call me today or tomorrow (so hopefully they will know a bit more than the standard Technical Support people). I'll update here once I know more! 
  • Zagbits
    Zagbits Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, keep us updated! I'd be curious to know what they say.

If it helps, my manufacture date is June 2017, and my gfx is a 970 with latest Nvidia drivers.
  • kelfella
    I posted earlier reporting the exact same problem . I contacted Acer who arranged to have the monitor collected and sent for repair . I thought also that it needed the firmware updated but no they replaced the screen . The monitor was returned a week later and it had issues , the back casing was all scratched must have happened on the workbench , it was also covered in condensation , I later found out it was left in the couriers van over the weekend , the uk was -5 that weekend .

The screen replacement has caused some backlight bleed and the over lapping line down the side has happened to this new screen but only one time . Luckily I photographed everything . I contacted Acer , sent photos and explained what happened . They asked for the monitor to be sent away again . This was two weeks before Christmas and the monitor would be away over the holidays . So I still have it but as a customer of a £700 monitor , which was a dream one off purchase I am not happy . 
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

kelfella said:
    They asked for the monitor to be sent away again . This was two weeks before Christmas and the monitor would be away over the holidays . So I still have it but as a customer of a £700 monitor , which was a dream one off purchase I am not happy . 
    That really sucks. If they just replaced the Panel and sent it back, and the problem happened again on the new panel, I would be of the presumption that maybe when you contacted Acer you spoke to somebody who wasn't familiar with the problem and they just did a standard "Repair" on it. This is the experience I had when I contacted Customer Service. He wanted to schedule me in for a repair without really understanding the problem I was having, which is why I went to the effort to get in contact with somebody who might be more informed.

I missed the call today, so I'm going to call the guy back tomorrow morning and hopefully I will be able to get some answers. As I said, I'll keep you all updated.
This discussion has been closed.