Line down the middle, overlapping image

Answers

• Ani_B
    Ani_B Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello,

I also happen to be having the same issue and after checking FW version its : 20170116_0_2963_14.
    Purchased in Feb 2018.
  • Arete
    Arete Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Also, after checking the firmware I got the same cycling primary colors on startup, how do I get rid of that?

@Acer-Manny : Should I wait for a hotfix that I can apply or do I need to return the monitor to the reseller for repairs?
  • Ani_B
    Ani_B Member Posts: 2 New User
    Fixed the colour thing by doing a factory reset. There's an option for that while you are checking your firmware. It will however remove your current OSD settings and set it to the way it came out of the box.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

The information i have is that theirs a fix for it and needs to come for repair so we can apply the fix.

1. You need to contact your local Acer support.
    2. Send or take the unit for repair in one of our Repair Center in your location.

Thanks for your patience and hope everything gets fix soon,
    Acer-Manny
  • Lillyann
    Lillyann Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi all,

The information i have is that theirs a fix for it and needs to come for repair so we can apply the fix.

2. Send or take the unit for repair in one of our Repair Center in your location.

Acer-Manny

Thx @Acer-Manny for the support
    is there any reference number or something we can quote to our local acer?
    acer support for my region isn't all that helpful in looking into issues (from personal experience with this monitor)
    so anything i can give to my local acer would be great!
  • Arete

Tinkerer

I did a reset of my BIOS settings (removing a very slight CPU overclock), and I've seen no splits down the middle so far after that. Will see if the problem returns even with vanilla settings, it used to occur multiple times per week before. Is it important to send it back for repairs as soon as possible or can I wait a few weeks to see if the problem was actually something pertaining to BIOS settings?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi Arete,

When was the last time you experience or saw the issue?

Acer-Manny
  • Arete

Tinkerer

Hi Arete,

Acer-Manny
    Only been a week or so yet, so a bit too early to say if the problem is gone.
  • blieobld
    blieobld Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi all,

Acer-Manny

Just got a Predator XB1 and it has the issue. Any update on the info for the service?

• Arete

Tinkerer

Arete said:
    Hi Arete,

Acer-Manny
    Nope, no fix. The line reoccured today.
  • Arete

Tinkerer

Arete said:
    Hi Arete,

Acer-Manny
    Nope, no fix. The line reoccured today.
  • OctavianH
    OctavianH Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem on my 271HU. If someone solves it please inform.
  • Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2018
    Just want to say I am having this issue intermittently. To "fix" it, I just turn the monitor off and back on. Very strange behavior for such an expensive device.

I have firmware 20160920_1_2678_15
  • Manny-Acer_Retired

Hi Lillyann – I don’t have a reference number for it, you will be given one when you contact the support line, sorry.

Arete – Sorry to hear this, please contact support to set it up for repair, thanks.

Blieobld – The information is that you need to contact your local Acer support to set up the monitor for repair.

OctavianH - please contact support to set it up for repair, thanks.

Acer-Manny

• Lillyann
    Hi all,

Acer-Manny

Hi Lillyann – I don’t have a reference number for it, you will be given one when you contact the support line, sorry.

Acer-Manny

Hi @Acer-Manny
    I contacted my acer repair center in my region 
    and the response i got is "all the monitors sold in 2018 have the firmware updated and does not have this problem"
    so im not sure what fix you are referring to (because acer from my region have no idea what that fix is and says 2018 monitors does not have this problem)
    if you could help out answering this that would be great

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi Lillyann,

I am very sorry to hear this and apologize for any inconveniences this is causing you.

Can i please have sent via PM (private message), the phone number or email address you contact? Also please provide me with the name of the agent or if you have any history like emails will be gratefully appreciated that you please send me this on the private channel for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Lillyann
    Hi Lillyann,

I am very sorry to hear this and apologize for any inconveniences this is causing you.

Can i please have sent via PM (private message), the phone number or email address you contact? Also please provide me with the name of the agent or if you have any history like emails will be gratefully appreciated that you please send me this on the private channel for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

hi @Acer-Manny
    i have PM'ed you the situation
    terribly sorry that i have to report this case to you (to an overseas forum) but the response from the repair center in my region is hopeless
  • ronki
    ronki Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello @Acer-Manny Can you also send me a PM? I've had this issue on my XB271HU as well.

The local support (Philippines) already brought a replacement unit but it did encounter the same issue.
  • Owker
    Owker Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same issue here, Really annoying tbh
    Already switched it once and they were both bought in 2018.
  • Dolphin_85
    Dolphin_85 Member Posts: 4 New User
    So my Acer XB271HU bought in the USA has a manufacture date of Mar 2018 and I also get the overlapping line down the screen. I'm going to PM Acer-Manny.
This discussion has been closed.