Line down the middle, overlapping image

Answers

• iDred
    iDred Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2018
    I have the same issue on my New Acer Predator XB272. This is a 27" 240hz monitor.

This happens randomly. It is easy to fix by just turning the monitor off and then back on for me. I have another issue that came up with my monitor with when GSYNC is enabled, the monitor just turns off and On repeatedly ever few seconds in games now. Turning off GSYNC fixes it.

I googled this issue and it seems it is a lot of different monitors and manufactures have the same exact issue for years now. Sending it back won't get it fixed, it is a bug in all the monitors. 

I believe it is a G sync caused issue. 

• Dogsnapper1984
    Dogsnapper1984 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same issue I have a dell monitor gsync 1440p at 144hz 
  • TwoEggs
    TwoEggs Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Dogsnapper1984, is it a new monitor or have you had it for a while? And did the issue only just start or has it been present since you got the monitor? I find it strange that this was originally an issue limited to the panel on the XB271HU and Asus PG279Q, but now other panels are reporting the same issue. 
  • PredatorGAZ
    PredatorGAZ Member Posts: 5 New User
    So there seems to be a regular amount of people experiencing the same issue .  How do we get this nudged up to Acer so they can respond / have a look at it ?
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Not sure. I was supposed to have an Acer Representative give me a call, but his schedule seems to completely conflict with mine so every time he calls me I don't have my phone and every time I call him he's away from his office.

I definitely think it deserves some attention though. It's quite clearly not a one off, and it's an issue they've dealt with before. 
  • Pedro_The_Swift
    Pedro_The_Swift Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Another here, from Australia,, XB271HU, Gigabyte 1070Ti, running at 144hz and 2560x1440.  I can fix it by changing the Hz and reverting.
    It is a August 2017 build,, so 6 months on the shelf, NO lines during games. just various websites..
    and I thought $800au was steep---
    The screen is amazing,
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Have any of you had the issue since updating Drivers to 390.65?

I haven't so far, so don't know if it's dumb luck or not.

I agree the screen is amazing, and I was lucky enough to get one with no dead pixels and no backlight bleed. I'm still not convinced this is simply a firmware issue. Doesn't explain why other models and monitors from other manufacturers are also having the same issue.
  • d3lfos_77
    d3lfos_77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Hi people! I´m from Spain. I have the same issue. This is my second monitor. The first unit XB271HU was replaced and this new second unit has the same issue.. (Two units with this vertical line??)
    It´s made on September 2017. The FW version is 20170116_0_2963_14. I don´t think that can be a firmware issue. Asus, AOC, Acer..all this manufacturers have firmware problems?
    Do you know if you disabled G-Sync fix it?

Thanks and sorry for my English!!
  • Zagbits
    Zagbits Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm using the latest drivers and it still does happen, sometimes once every couple of days, sometimes once a day, sometimes twice. I agree that the issue seems to stem from something other than the firmware, given that other people with different manufacturers are experiencing the same thing.

Did you end up getting in touch with the Acer representative?
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Sadly not. He was only available Monday to Friday and I work Monday to Friday business hours without being able to use my phone. He wouldn't allow me to contact him via email so not sure what to do now. 
  • PredatorGAZ
    In reference to an earlier question I have not noticed the problem since the last driver update (nvidia).  For ref I am now running 390.65
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Likewise Gaz. I've been running native resolution at 165hz since the new drivers and it hasn't happened yet. 

Anybody else care to chip in?

Nothing in the driver notes about this issue but might not have been a priority to write it down.

Any word from an Acer Representative yet?? 
  • Chain83
    Chain83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Same issue. Exactly down the middle a column "disappears" and is displayed on the far left edge of the screen instead. Turning the screen off then on again makes it go away. Happened for the firs time last night (in a game), and then again today (on the desktop). But it's been a few month since I bought the display.

XB271HU, 2560x1440@144Hz
    Firmware 20170116_0_02963_14
    GTX 1070, Driver version 388.71 (17/20/2017)
  • Chain83
    Chain83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ...and now, after I did the thing suggested here to hold down the first button + power to turn on the monitor and see the firmware version, now the monitor starts blinking red/green/blue/white on repeat whenever the computer goes to sleep. And there is no setting for this in the UI. Wtf. Acer?
  • HKNormann
    HKNormann Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the exact same issue with my monitor. The monitor is completely new.
    GTX 1080 TI armor with the newest driver as of 26.01 
    Any fix to this yet?
  • SaintDragon
    SaintDragon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Chain83 said:
    ...and now, after I did the thing suggested here to hold down the first button + power to turn on the monitor and see the firmware version, now the monitor starts blinking red/green/blue/white on repeat whenever the computer goes to sleep. And there is no setting for this in the UI. Wtf. Acer?
    Open again firmware menu, there is few settings you can change. You need to change "Burn in pattern" setting to OFF
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

I know this isn't very helpful, but for what it's worth I still haven't had this issue since the update to 390.65. Gonna update to 390.77 and see what happens.
  • SaintDragon
    SaintDragon Member Posts: 2 New User
    It just happened again today.
    Geforce driver version 390.77.
    Line disappeared as soon as I switched Game mode ON then OFF.

My system: Asus Z370-E Gaming, i7 8700, EVGA GTX970, ACER Predator XB271HU IPS.
    Firmware 20170116_0_02963_14
    Monitor is less than 3 weeks old.
  • PredatorGAZ
    Sigh and just when i was getting optimistic - had the problem on bootup again this morning.  Going to update to the latest drivers and see if i get it again - so for reference I am on the 390.65 drivers now going to 390.77.  Anyone got any "love" from Acer.
  • GroggDogg
    GroggDogg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all, user from AUS here, too. I recently ran into this problem on a completely formatted clean install windows 10 system. GTX 1070, 390.77 drivers, 4th Gen i7. etcetc. The ONLY thing i had changed from before it happened to after it happened, was turning on Gsync in nvidia control panel for BOTH windowed and full screen mode. Before I simply had it in full screen mode and it never happened to me. I dont know if this helps anyone. Is there a way to force the issue to test? ie, let the monitor go to sleep?
This discussion has been closed.