How can I restore my Acer Chromebase to factory settings?
There are three methods you can use to powerwash your Chromebase to restore it to factory settings. The instructions for each method are listed below. Use the instructions in Method 3 if your Chromebase will not boot.
- Login to your Chromebase.
- Click on your account icon in the status area in the lower right hand corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings…
- Click the Powerwash button.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + R at the same time when you are at the login screen.
- Click the Restart button to restart your Chromebase.
- Click the Powerwash button to continue.
- Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your Chromebase.
- Power off your Chromebase.
- Use a paperclip to press and hold the developer button on the back of the Chromebase while you press the power key. The developer button is the pinhole below the lock slot that is labeled on the back of the system.
- Press the Ctrl + D keys at the same time.
- Press the developer button with the paperclip again.
- The device will reboot and the screen will display a red exclamation mark.
- Press Ctrl + D keys at the same time. The Chromebox will boot to developer mode and erase all local data. The deletion takes approximately 10 minutes.
- After this process is completed, press the spacebar at the bootup screen.
- Press Enter to return to verified mode. The system will be restored after your Chromebox reboots.