Why won't the touchscreen work on my UT241Y when I connect it to a Chromebook?
A firmware update is available for the UT241Y that improves the touchscreen functionality on the monitor in ChromeOS. If your touch is not working when connected to a Chrome device, you should follow the instructions below to update the firmware.
Note: The firmware update for the monitor can only be performed if you connect the monitor to a Windows device.
- Connect the monitor to your Windows computer using a USB-C cable.
- Visit https://support.acer.com and search for your model by name, serial number or SNID.
- Select your Operating System.
- Click to expand the BIOS/Firmware section.
- Click the Download link to the right of the latest monitor firmware.
- Unzip the file and navigate to the MIT4XX_FactoryDownloader folder.
- Double-click on the file MIT4XX_FactoryDownloader.exe to begin the firmware update.