How does the electric lock function of my Acer AES015 eScooter work?
Your Acer AES015 eScooter has an electric lock function; perfect for when you have to quickly run into a store and you need to leave your eScooter outside. You can activate the e-lock function through the Acer Electric Scooter Series 5 app.
The connection between your Acer AES015 eScooter and smartphone is established via Bluetooth. Therefore, the transmission range of the app is equivalent to the Bluetooth transmission range, which is approximately 7 to 8 meters or 22 to 23 feet.
Note: The transmission distance is influenced or blocked by exterior factors, like walls and buildings.
The electric lock function only locks the wheels:
- up to a maximum of 60 minutes.
- at a short distance, approximately 7 to 8 meters or 22 to 23 feet (e.g., parked at the entrance of a small convenience store while shopping).
Note: Without connection to the smartphone app, the wheels cannot be locked.
Wheels get unlocked
The Electric Lock automatically unlocks the wheels when:
- 60 minutes have passed.
- the smartphone is out of range/too far from the eScooter.
- the smartphone battery is empty (to prevent you from being unable to unlock the wheels).
Disclaimer: Acer would like to stress that the Electric Lock is not intended as a long-term anti-theft setting. Physical measures (such as using a separate padlock) are more effective in preventing theft of your eScooter.
How to enable and disable the electric lock on the Acer AES015 eScooter
Before you can lock and unlock your eScooter with the app, you need to download and install the app and connect your eScooter to the app. For instructions on how to set up the smartphone app and connect it to your eScooter, see How to Set Up the Acer Electric Scooter Series 5 App on Your Smartphone.
- Tap on the Acer Electric Scooter Series 5 app in the list of apps on your smartphone to open the app. Etc.
- In the main menu, tap on the Electric lock button to lock your Acer AES015 eScooter.
- To unlock your eScooter, tap on the Electric lock button in the app again.