How do I setup my Acer Chromebook and configure Chrome OS for first time use?
This article will guide you through setting up your Acer Chromebook and configuring the Google Chrome operating system. Use the embedded Google video and the instructions below to setup your Acer Chromebook.
- You must have an internet connection for the first time setup of Google Chrome OS.
- A Google account is needed to fully utilize your Chromebook.
Step 1: Setting up your Chromebook
Make sure you have an available internet connection and follow the steps below to setup your Acer Chromebook:
- Unpack your Acer Chromebook and connect it to a power outlet using the AC adapter and power cord included in the box.
- Choose your language, keyboard preference and accessibility features (optional), then click Let's go.
- Select the network you want to connect to, and enter a password if you are prompted to.
- If you do not want to automatically send reports to Google, uncheck the box Optional: Help make Chrome OS better by automatically sending usage statistics and crash reports to Google.
- Read the Google Chrome OS terms of service and click Accept and continue if you agree to the terms.
Step 2: Sign in with your Google Account or create a new Google account
The account you use when you first setup a Chromebook will be set as the Owner account. Your Owner account will allow you to control who can sign in. You can use an existing Google account or create a new Google account using the instructions below.
Sign-in with an existing Gmail address
- Enter your Google Account (Gmail address) and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
Create a new Google Account
- Click More options and select Create account.
- Enter your first name and last name and click Next.
- Enter your birthday and gender, then click Next.
- Enter your desired username and click Next. If the username you enter is taken, try a different username or choose one from the suggested results.
- Enter and confirm your password, then click Next.
- Enter your telephone number and click Next, or click Skip.
- Read the Privacy and Terms, then click I agree.
Step 3: Set your profile picture
- Click the camera icon to take a profile photo or choose an existing icon for your profile picture.
- Click Next.
- Your bookmarks, extensions, and apps will automatically be loaded.