You can connect your Chromebook to a TV to mirror it while gaming, or just to have a bigger display. If your Chromebook has an HDMI port, it is best to directly connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable to get the lowest latency.
How to connect your Chromebook to a TV using a HDMI cable
- Most Chromebooks do not have a full-size HDMI port, so you will need a Type-C to HDMI connect to the USB Type-C port.
- Plug your Type-C connector into your Chromebook and and your HDMI connector into your TV.
- Locate the Input source option on your TV and select the correct HDMI channel.
- On your Chromebook, open the App Launcher from the bottom level corner. Search for Display and select Display – Device.
- Your TV will now be connected as an external display. Click on it to select its placement.
- Enable Mirror Built-in Display.
- To disconnect, remove the cable from both ends.
How to wirelessly connect your Chromebook to an Android TV
If your Chromebook does not have an HDMI port, or you prefer a wireless connection, you can use Chromecast to wirelessly connect your Chromebook to your Android TV or you can wirelessly connect your Chrome browser to your TV.
- Make sure your Android TV and Chromebook are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Time in the lower right corner and select Settings.
- Click on the Cast icon. It will only appear if the android TV is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromebook.
- Your Chromebook will automatically identify your TV. Click on the name of your TV to connect them.
- To disconnect, click on Stop under the Quick Settings panel.
How to wirelessly connect your Chromebook browser to a TV
- Make sure your TV is turned on and both your TV and Chromebook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the menu ⋮ in the top right corner.
- Click on Cast from the drop-down menu, and select your TV name from the list.
- To disconnect, click on Cast in the Chrome browser toolbar and select Stop casting.