If you have a Chromebook, your password will be the same as your Google password. You will be prompted to enter it when logging into any Google services or devices.
You may want to change your Chromebook password for several reasons. You may have given someone temporary permission to use your laptop, want to change your Google password, or you may just want to practice good security by changing your password regularly.
Use the instruction below to learn how to change your password on your Chromebook.
How to change your Chromebook password
- Open your Chrome web browser.
- Select your profile picture.
- Click on Manage your Google Account, then select Security.
- Click on Signing in to Google and select Password.
- Enter your current password, then click on Next.
- Enter your Two-factor authentication if prompted.
- Enter your new password, confirm it and select Change password.