Emojis and smileys are small images that can be used to express emotions and reactions quickly and easily online. Chromebooks have an emoji pop-up window that provides a wide range of emojis that you can search through. The emojis available on Chromebooks go beyond just smiley faces and include symbols, currencies, flags, and even kaomojis. Use any of the methods below to find emojis you can use on your Chromebook.
How to find emojis using a keyboard shortcut
Press the Search + Shift + Space Bar keys at the same time to bring up the Emoji picker.
How to find emojis with your touchpad or mouse
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the emoji.
- Tap the touchpad with two fingers to right-click to open the context menu.
- Select Emoji from the drop down menu.
How to find emojis on a touch screen Chromebook
You can access emojis on a touch screen Chromebook by tapping the emoji icon on the keyboard, just like on a smartphone.
How to use emojis with the on-screen keyboard
- Click on the time at the bottom and click Settings ⚙.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click on Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Accessibility section and click on Manage Accessibility Features.
- Scroll down to the Keyboard and text input section and set the Enable on-screen keyboard toggle button to On. You will now see a keyboard icon next to the clock.
- Click on the keyboard icon at the bottom right to bring up the on-screen keyboard and click on the Emoji icon.