You can setup a PIN on your Chromebook so you do not have to type your password every you unlock your screen. This can save you time without sacrificing security. You will still need to keep track of your password because you will need to use it if you log out of your account or reset your device. Use the instructions below to learn how to lock and unlock your screen and to switch from a password to a pin at Chromebook login.
How to setup a PIN for Chromebook login
- Find the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and click the time or your profile picture.
- Select Settings ⚙.
- Scroll down to People and select Screen Lock and sign-in.
- Enter your password and click Confirm.
- Select PIN or password.
- Click Set up PIN.
- Enter your PIN and select Continue.
- Re-enter your PIN and select Confirm to set up Chromebook pin login.
How to lock and unlock your Chromebook screen
Press and hold the Lock🔒key on your keyboard for around 2 seconds, or close your Chromebook to lock the screen. You can log back in by entering your PIN and pressing Enter.