The Nitro AN517-54 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" SATA 7mm hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
1) Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
2) Remove the twelve (12) screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
3) Starting from the upper side, pry to release the upper side latches, following the direction arrow.
4) Work your way around the lower case to continue releasing the remaining latches, then remove the lower case.
5) Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive module connector.
6) Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the upper case.
7) Attach the four (4) screws to secure the hard drive module to the upper case. ( Screw torque force = 1.8~2.2kgf.cm)
8) Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard connector and secure the latch.
9) Align and install the lower case on the upper case starting with the bottom side first.
10) Press firmly the side latches until they snapped into place.
11) Install the twelve (12) screws to secure the lower case. (Screw torque force = 2.55~3.0kgf.cm)