How can I change my Acer notebook from SATA mode to AHCI?
By default, the SATA Mode on Acer notebooks is set to RST with Optane. The option to switch to AHCI is hidden by default, because switching to AHCI may result in the system not being able to boot to Windows. If SATA Mode is not visible in the system BIOS, press CTRL+S on the MAIN tab of the system BIOS to activate it.
In some cases using AHCI is required, for example when installing Linux. To switch to AHCI, please refer to the steps below:
- Press the Windows Key ⊞ + R, type msconfig in the run box and press Enter.
- Click on the Boot tab and check the option to enable Safe Boot, then click on OK.
- Restart your computer and enter the system BIOS by pressing F2 during boot.
- In the MAIN section of the system BIOS, select SATA Mode and switch to AHCI.
- Press F10 to save the changes and exit the BIOS.