Impacted models: A111-31, A311-31, A114-32, A314-32 and A315-32
Some users have reported a black screen after updating their BIOS to the latest version. This may occur if the BIOS is updated prior to installing the latest video driver. We recommend updating your VGA driver the the latest version on Acer Drivers and Manuals page prior to updating the BIOS.
If you have updated the BIOS and are now receiving a black screen, please follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds or until you hear the computer shut completely off.
- Press and hold the Alt and F10 keys while you power the system back on. Release the keys when the Acer logo appears to enter Recovery mode.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click See more recovery options and choose Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Select option 4. Enable Safe Mode.
- Once the system boots to safe mode, uninstall the video driver.
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Select Device Manager.
- Click Display adapters.
- Right click on your video driver, then click uninstall.
- Download and install the latest video driver (Intel Graphic driver v18.104.22.16815 or newer) from the Acer Drivers and Manuals page .
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact Acer support .