How do I stop receiving Acer BYOC Apps end of service notifications?
Acer has stopped providing all technical support for Acer BYOC Apps (abApps) as of September 30, 2018. Files from other abApps will still be able to be found in their original devices without being affected.
If you are still receiving end of service notifications from BYOC Apps, we recommend uninstalling all abApps and the AOP framework.
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Choose Apps and Features from the menu on the left.
- Select the first AbApp program you want to remove, then click Uninstall.
- Repeat step 4 until all AbApp programs and the AOP Framework are removed.
- Type Task Manager in the Windows search box and select Task Manager from the search results.
- Select Task Scheduler Library and right-click on Acer Cloud and select Delete.
- Click the Startup tab in the task manager.
- Right-click on lauchFiles, lauchPortal, uwplauncher and select disable for each task.