How do I create a set of backup recovery disks?
Your Acer computer includes Acer Recovery Management software that allows you to perform restore operations directly from your hard disk drive, allowing for a faster recovery process and no need for discs. Acer Recovery Management does, however, allow you to create recovery discs. The recovery discs will allow you to restore your computer should something happen to your hard disk drive.
Note: Depending on what Acer computer you have your version of Acer Recovery Management may look slightly different, but the option to create your discs will be available.
To create your backup recovery disks follow these steps:
- Click on the Start menu and click All Programs.
- In the program list click the Acer folder, then click the Acer Recovery Management icon.
- Windows User Account Control may ask for your permission to run this program, click Yes.
- From the Acer eRecovery Management window on the left click Backup, then click Create Factory Default Disc.
Note: If you are using a notebook or netbook you will be prompted to plug in your AC adapter, make sure the AC adapter is plugged in before proceeding and click OK.
- From the Create Factory Default Disc page select the drive you want to use for burning the recovery media, then click Start.
- The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning, if multiple discs are required insert a new disc when prompted and click OK.
The other option available is Create Drivers and Applications Disc. You can use this to create a backup disc to install specific drivers and applications without wiping out the entire operating system.
To create a Drivers and Applications Disc follow the below steps:
Note: If the computer does not have an internal optical drive, an external optical drive will be required to create a set of Acer Recovery media.
- Click Create Drivers and Applications Disc.
- From the Create Drivers and Applications Disc page select the drive you want to use for burning the recovery media, then click Start.
- The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning.