Acer Switch - SW5-012 - No Audio, Touchscreen Not Working.

Options
124»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You said the touchscreen worked during but not after the recovery operation. Was that during the generic Win8.1 or generic Win10 recovery operation? And how did you do it---from inside Windows or via the ALT+F10 operation or via a boot installation stick? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    st8d Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    You said the touchscreen worked during but not after the recovery operation. Was that during the generic Win8.1 or generic Win10 recovery operation? And how did you do it---from inside Windows or via the ALT+F10 operation or via a boot installation stick? Jack E/NJ
    Whenever the blue screen popped up and allowed all of those options, like Command Prompt, Restore from a recovery point, Reset PC, stuff like that. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm glad it worked out, my friend! Accept my response and also that of @JackE colleague who also did everything to help you, so that other people can see the solution!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    @egydiocoelho Good find. Where did you find the reference? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @JackE! In the uploaded file, I saw one the i2c file! The i2c module is about lcd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    @JackE! In the uploaded file, I saw one the i2c file! The i2c module is about lcd! >>>

@egydiocoelho  What uploaded file? Do you mean downloaded file? How did you find the file in the first place? Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @JackE I'll show you, see:

Type sw5-012 on Acer support and download this file:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @egydiocoelho  Is this only on the SW5-012 intel? Not AMD. I mean the i2c subdirectory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    I thought all the ACER Win10 drivers were installed very early in this thread???? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Technically yes, because he used the driverbooster! Other tablet models that have a touch screen also have the file platform! However this file enables some tablet functions and installs some touch screen drivers on windows!
    When I downloaded this file and saw the I2C file, I immediately identified the problem! It seems that it is referring to the module I2c, used for the control of the lcd, in addition to other applications, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I²C

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    OK. Thanks. I misunderstood. I thought that he had already downloaded and tried installing all the drivers for Win10 from the ACER  site https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5547?b=1 .  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FunkyPrime
    FunkyPrime Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

2024 here. This is an old thread. I known. But still quite useful, please don't delete this thread. Commodore_1995# you are a GENIUS.

Had the SAME problem.

THANK YOU, Been searching the net for two days, tried everything, and you have the best solution!!!!

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.