Acer Switch - SW5-012 - No Audio, Touchscreen Not Working.

Options
st8d
st8d Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 8 in Aspire Laptops
So I've mentioned this laptop in a different post, and now it's running Windows 10. I have no audio and when I click the red x on my audio on the toolbar, it says "No Audio Output Device is installed" I installed the drivers via the Acer website, (Quick Access and RealTek) and still nothing. 

Now I can't use the touchscreen either, i haven't found anything to help me work this out on the internet. Please help this poor man here! Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    If this system was originally a factory-installed Win8.1, you're better off trying to reset the machine to a factory-fresh Win 8.1 state to rule in or rule out a hardware problem. Completely shut the system off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear in the Win10 downgrade didn't also wipe out your hidden Win8.1 recovery partition. Follow the instructions as in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34866

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    If this system was originally a factory-installed Win8.1, you're better off trying to reset the machine to a factory-fresh Win 8.1 state to rule in or rule out a hardware problem. Completely shut the system off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear in the Win10 downgrade didn't also wipe out your hidden Win8.1 recovery partition. Follow the instructions as in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34866

So basically, there's no solution, even though this product is supposed to be flawless with Windows 10?
  • tingting
    tingting Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Can try uninstall the driver and reinstall driver from RealTek
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>So I've mentioned this laptop in a different post, and now it's running Windows 10.>>>this product is supposed to be flawless with Windows 10?>>>

Which post? Which BIOS version is on it now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Do you send a photo of the device manager? There are versions of this model that came with windows 10: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/5547?b=1

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    @egydiocoelho  Looks like it was a factory Win8.1 downgraded to Win10. I suggest he try to install the ACER Win8.1 drivers in compatiblity mode if the ACER Win10 drivers don't work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    @egydiocoelho  Looks like it was a factory Win8.1 downgraded to Win10. I suggest he try to install the ACER Win8.1 drivers in compatiblity mode if the ACER Win10 drivers don't work. Jack E/NJ
    But how do I access compatibility mode in Windows 10? I can't work this product at all in Windows 10? I just want my device to work. 
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You uninstall the existing driver. Then download the ACER Win8.1 driver zipfile. Then unzip and right click on the ACER Win8.1 driver installation executable. Then choose properties. Then the compatibility tab. Check run exectuable in Win8x compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the @JackE colleague's tip does not work, download the driverbooster program: https://download.cnet.com/Driver-Booster/3001-18513_4-75992725.html?part=dl-
    However it is advisable to activate the system protection!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    You uninstall the existing driver. Then download the ACER Win8.1 driver zipfile. Then unzip and right click on the ACER Win8.1 driver installation executable. Then choose properties. Then the compatibility tab. Check run exectuable in Win8x compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ
    Where do I find all of this? I've used Chromebooks for my past laptops, so I'm taking small baby steps with everything I learn on this Windows cpu. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Device Manager should have the existing sound driver in a folder Sound, video game controllers, etc. The ACER driver can be found on this webpage for Win10 or Win8.1 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5547?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    Device Manager should have the existing sound driver in a folder Sound, video game controllers, etc. The ACER driver can be found on this webpage for Win10 or Win8.1 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5547?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Can you tell me how to install Windows 8.1? The laptop was factory reset and has no option of Windows 8.1 - The laptop model is SW5-012-19RC

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If the recovery partition is intact, press the windows key on your keyboard plus the power key on the tablet or alt + f10 as you said on the other topic to start the recovery process!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Why do not you try to update the drivers with the driverbooster? Just activate the system protection beforehand in case it gives a problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    (1) Have you tried the compatibility mode driver yet? (2) Have you try @egydiocoelho suggestiion of driver booster yet? (3) You said earlier >>>So I've mentioned this laptop in a different post, and now it's running Windows 10.>>>Which post? (4) Which BIOS version is on it now? 

Please let us know the answers or if you've tried any of these suggestions before trying to recover Win8.1?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options
    So I tried the Driver Booster. Nothing changed, touch screen still does not work and audio is still missing. What next? (:
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Have you tried the compatibility mode driver yet?  (4) Which BIOS version is on it now?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    (1) Have you tried the compatibility mode driver yet?  (4) Which BIOS version is on it now?  Jack E/NJ
    Where do I find this "compatibility mode driver"? 
  • JackE
    Options
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5547?b=1

Switch to Win8.1 32 bit in the above link, then download the master installer zip, unzip, then right click on the exe file. Click properties. Then compatibility tab. Then checkmark run in Win8.x compatibility mode. Then run it and see what happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.