Acer Switch - SW5-012 - No Audio, Touchscreen Not Working.

Options

Answers

• st8d
    st8d Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I was able to use the touchscreen during recovery mode,>>>

But touchscreen is still working, right? Jack E/NJ
    Here's a list of all the things that aren't working: 
    The touchscreen
    The audio - "No Audio Output Device is installed."
    The battery percentage is missing from the toolbar. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Options
    You were able to use the touchscreen during but not after Win10's recovery mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can copy the idhardware here as this is probably the touch screen and audio driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    You were able to use the touchscreen during but not after Win10's recovery mode? Jack E/NJ
    Correct. I was able to use it to select different things, but as soon as it was done installing, bye bye touch screen. It's not a big deal if I have to go back to Windows 8.1, I just need to know if I need this on an ISO file or something that can be solved in Windows 10. 
  • st8d
    Options
    How do I copy the IDHardware? 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The battery percentage is missing from the toolbar.  >>>
    Click on the up arrow on the left side of the taskbar. Do you see the battery percentage monitor there? If yes, just drag it down to the right side of the taskbar. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>The battery percentage is missing from the toolbar.  >>>
    Click on the up arrow on the left side of the taskbar. Do you see the battery percentage monitor there? If yes, just drag it down to the right side of the taskbar. Jack E/NJ
    It is not present there either. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    click on the right button and select copy:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    Were you able to use the touchscreen during but not after Win10's recovery mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    On the battery icon, click Disable and then re-enable:

Then type the icon in the cortana and then disable and enable the icon again:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options
    On the battery icon, click Disable and then re-enable:

Then type the icon in the cortana and then disable and enable the icon again:

That did not fix it. 

But the IDHardware is ACPI\INT3401\0 for the unknown device 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe you'd better send a photo of the idhardware of both subitems!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This id is referring to idptf, a kind of thermal control manager!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options

Here are the pictures. 
  • JackE
    Options
    I think soon we must go back to @egydiocoelho 's earlier questions about how Win8.1 was recovered in the other post using a variant of the ALT+F10 method that I had never seen before either. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/610560/#Comment_610560  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    I think soon we must go back to @egydiocoelho 's earlier questions about how Win8.1 was recovered in the other post using a variant of the ALT+F10 method that I had never seen before either. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/610560/#Comment_610560  Jack E/NJ

That's the thing. I downloaded an ISO file of Windows 10, installed it. The recovery trick was used incorrectly, I followed @egydiocoelho and that's how I was able to recover to Windows 10. The only thing I'm worried about is now installing Windows 8.1 since Windows 10 on this CPU seems to be a dead-end. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. I was assuming it was originally a factory-installed ACER-flavored Win8.x or ACER-flavored Win10 machine. If you installed Microsoft generic Win10 from a USB iso, the original hidden recovery partition for the ACER-flavored Windows has probably been deleted and the ALT+F10 procedure will no longer work to bring it back. The only option then would be to purchase the original ACER-flavored USB stick that is tied to your machine's serial number ID (SNID). About $45 from the online store if your machine was originally purchased in the US or Canada. If purchased elsewhwere it may be difficult to get this ACER USB stick except through an ACER-certified distributor for the region. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry. I was assuming it was originally a factory-installed ACER-flavored Win8.x or ACER-flavored Win10 machine. If you installed Microsoft generic Win10 from a USB iso, the original hidden recovery partition for the ACER-flavored Windows has probably been deleted and the ALT+F10 procedure will no longer work to bring it back. The only option then would be to purchase the original ACER-flavored USB stick that is tied to your machine's serial number ID (SNID). About $45 from the online store if your machine was originally purchased in the US or Canada. If purchased elsewhwere it may be difficult to get this ACER USB stick except through an ACER-certified distributor for the region. Jack E/NJ
    So I can't use a Windows 8.1 ISO file (like I did with Windows 10) to restore it to Windows 8.1?
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately, ACER-flavored 32-bit Win8.1 isn't the same as Microsoft generic 32-bit Win8.1. If that hidden ACER-flavored Win8.1 recovery partition was there to begin with, it probably was washed away when a Microsoft generic version was installed.  Sorry. The only way I can see now is with an ACER-flavored factory Windows version on a USB stick that was originally tied to your machine's SNID when it left the factory. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    Unfortunately, ACER-flavored 32-bit Win8.1 isn't the same as Microsoft generic 32-bit Win8.1. If that hidden ACER-flavored Win8.1 recovery partition was there to begin with, it probably was washed away when a Microsoft generic version was installed.  Sorry. The only way I can see now is with an ACER-flavored factory Windows version on a USB stick that was originally tied to your machine's SNID when it left the factory. Jack E/NJ 
    Alrighty then, SOOOOO back to the other problems, if I can just get my touchscreen working, then I'll be a happy person. 
This discussion has been closed.