Acer Switch - SW5-012 - No Audio, Touchscreen Not Working.

Options

Answers

• st8d
    st8d Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5547?b=1

Switch to Win8.1 32 bit in the above link, then download the master installer zip, unzip, then right click on the exe file. Click properties. Then compatibility tab. Then checkmark run in Win8.x compatibility mode. Then run it and see what happens. Jack E/NJ
    Nothing happened, nothing changed. It didn't even run. So now what? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> It didn't even run>>>

It should've at least given you an error message that it couldn't run when  you double-clicked on it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> It didn't even run>>>

It should've at least given you an error message that it couldn't run when  you double-clicked on it. Jack E/NJ
    It gave me a gray square box with no words that said "Ok". When I clicked it, nothing happened, it just took me back to where I was. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. I'm not quite sure exactly what would make that happen by double-clicking and exe file. At any rate, let's see what BIOS version is loaded now. To find out, press the WIN-key+R-key. Enter msinfo32.exe. On the right, the BIOS version number should be listed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK. I'm not quite sure exactly what would make that happen by double-clicking and exe file. At any rate, let's see what BIOS version is loaded now. To find out, press the WIN-key+R-key. Enter msinfo32.exe. On the right, the BIOS version number should be listed. Jack E/NJ
    The BIOS version/date is as follows: INSYDE Corp. V1.05 6/27/2014
  • JackE
    Options
    OK, I don't normally recommend doing a BIOS update because it has a high risk of bricking the machine. But if you want to try to stay with Win10, BIOS version 1.18 is supposed to support a Win10 capsule update which may or may not fix the audio and touchscreen issues. It also may or may not kill the machine.

If it was my machine, I would NOT try the BIOS update if Device Manager shows either "No Audio Output Device is installed" or no reference to an audio device exists in the Sound, video & game controllers folder. This suggests an audio hardware problem as opposed to an audio software driver problem. So do you see any references at all to an audio device in Device Manager in the sound etc folder?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• st8d
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK, I don't normally recommend doing a BIOS update because it has a high risk of bricking the machine. But if you want to try to stay with Win10, BIOS version 1.18 is supposed to support a Win10 capsule update which may or may not fix the audio and touchscreen issues. It also may or may not kill the machine.

If it was my machine, I would NOT try the BIOS update if Device Manager shows either "No Audio Output Device is installed" or no reference to an audio device exists in the Sound, video & game controllers folder. This suggests an audio hardware problem as opposed to an audio software driver problem. So do you see any references at all to an audio device in Device Manager in the sound etc folder?

Jack E/NJ

Unfortunately, there isn't any folder on mine labeled that. No sound folder either. I was able to use the touchscreen during recovery mode, but other than that, no use of the touch screen or the audio. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Are you looking for the folder in Device Manager or File Explorer? We want Device Manager. Not File Explorer. So right click on the Windows icon or startup menu on the taskbar on the left hand side. Look for search function. Then enter Device Manager. Do you see the sound etc folder now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What colleague @JackE wants you to show is this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • st8d
    Options

This is from the laptop with the problems. I also can't see my battery percentage. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Expandir o "Dispositivo de Interface Humana" and "others device" and copy idhardware:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    @egydiocoelho I don't see any sound adapters either. Maybe it's hidden? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Must be in other devices, which only appears when there is no driver installed! We recommend showing hidden devices:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options

Here is the picture with hidden devices on. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Now expand other devices and copy idhardware!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options
    How do I go about doing that?
  • JackE
    Options
    Click on the other devices folder. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• st8d
    Options
    I clicked other devices and now it has two sub-items underneath it that say "Unknown Device"
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I was able to use the touchscreen during recovery mode,>>>

But touchscreen is still working, right? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.