• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, it should.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 468 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Are u sure that it will ? Because I am gonna do it . Will it also reinstall the drivers and programs that came preinstalled if i had made modifications to them?

• Muhil
    Options

Or will it simply retain the old drivers without installing the factory version?

• JackE
    Options

An ACER OEM factory reset SHOULD use all the old ACER OEM factory drivers & SHOULD re-install all old pre-installed ACER OEM programs and apps.

I emphasize the word SHOULD. There are no 100% guarantees that it WILL. Because you've already applied a lot of changes & updates that might adversely affect access to the hidden ACER OEM factory reset partition

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

HOW TO do acer factory oem reset? and if i give my laptop to Acer care centre can they do it perfectly?

• JackE
    edited October 2022
    Options

>>>do it perfectly?>>>

Nothing is perfect. But I prefer the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset method. Shut machine off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold ALT key while tapping F10 key. A reset factory menu should appear. The clean OEM factory install option is a remove everything reset. It re-formats the boot partitions and install a fresh copy of the original OEM factory Windows.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

Have u tried this and is it successful in retaining the preinstalled programs and drivers?

• JackE
    Options

I've tried it on different machines. Sometimes successfully. But also sometimes unsuccessfully.

This means it is not 100% perfect.

If you need a 100% perfect guarantee that it will work 100% perfectly after doing this, then don't do it. Because there is always a risk that it won't work 100% perfectly.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

I have found the problem though , it is the geforce experience driver from acer website that is causing the issue

If i uninstall the app windows is working perfectly, but once installed from oem website every Causingg flickering in taskbar, etc

Pleae fix it geforce is blocking windows 11 UI elements

• JackE
    edited November 2022
    Options

Sorry, taskbar flickering was not one your complaints in your original post. You complained about system lag and mouse stutter which are no longer present. When you install new driver updates you should be shutting Windows down. Then turning it back on so drivers are properly initialized. If you keep uninstalling and reinstalling driver updates that were primarily meant for machines that had problems with the original factory drivers, you risk corrupting or adversely affecting a your machine which apparently did not have problems with the original factory drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

Bro i understand i wont do ***** again the problem started when I tryed to install and run old game. What i did was i installed direct runtime and after that what i did was i didnt get fps in that game. Then geforce experience was logging me out so i uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled then only later found its because if my college wifi. So nothing i did was intentional and please what can be the fix. Is it better to stay like this and hope an update fixes the issue or if i should factory reset ( which is a hectic job to do)?

• Muhil
    Options

You can see that in this folder everything is there and not modified(because i bought laptop on 8/9/2022(dd//mm//yy) so will this be reinstalled?

• JackE
    Options

Yes, an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset should re-install ALL the Acer OEM Windows system folders & files, Acer OEM apps & Acer OEM drivers as they were immediately after the first time you turned the machine on Aug 17th. But the folders will have a new date stamp because it won't be Aug 17th anymore when they are re-installed.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

Should i select remove everything too because its in C drive will it be deleted if i delete everyting?

• JackE
    Options

Yes, remove everything is the preferred reset. But all your personal files or your own manually installed programs will be removed too. So you should back them up on a thumb drive A remove everything reset should essentially bring the system back to the first time that you turned it on.

Jack E/NJ

• Muhil
    Options

Can u share a video of how to do this

• Muhil
    Options

Fully clean the drive option or just remove my files in the last option?

• Muhil
    Options

Local windows install only right?

• Muhil
    Options

In the last step its asking clean the disk or keep my files what should i give? Please reply?