Audio Crackles/Crackling sound Aspire A515-52

Options
124»

Answers

• Samuel0011
    Samuel0011 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    As posted earlier, ACER  Holland support page https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/support

I did a clean windows 10 installation and the problem is still there.. do you know why this keeps happening?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options
    What do you mean by clean Windows installation?

(1) Was it a clean Microsoft generic Wndows version installation for any brand laptops?
    (2) Or was it a clean ACER OEM Windows version installation for the  ACER A515-52 laptop?

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:

(1) Was it a clean Microsoft generic Wndows version installation for any brand laptops?
    (2) Or was it a clean ACER OEM Windows version installation for the  ACER A515-52 laptop?
    I did it with media creation took, from the microsoft site. It put windows on a usb and downloaded a clean fresh install. Is that the right way?
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:

Okay Okay i tweaked a little bit.. when I have my laptop on high performance or in the charger it crackles. When I unpug my laptop from the charger and set it on batterysaver I hear 0 crackles. How weird? when I increase power it crackles. When I low power it dissapears
  • JackE
    Options
    Maybe you should leave the system in Microsoft balanced or ACER balanced power plan mode rather than high performance.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Maybe you should leave the system in Microsoft balanced or ACER balanced power plan mode rather than high performance.
    I did but I still hear the crackless. My battery isnt the best anymore so I need to have it in the charger all the time. But plugged in with the charger gives crackles. No solution?
  • JackE
    Options
    Four possibilities if you get no crackles unplugged from the AC mains.

(1) Noise interference from the AC mains. Try plugging the charger into another AC mains circuit.
    (2) Improper or no ground to the AC mains circuit.
    (2) A defective charger which cannot isolate or filter AC mains interference very well
    (3) A defective battery

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Four possibilities if you get no crackles unplugged from the AC mains.

(1) Noise interference from the AC mains. Try plugging the charger into another AC mains circuit.
    (2) Improper or no ground to the AC mains circuit.
    (2) A defective charger which cannot isolate or filter AC mains interference very well
    (3) A defective battery
    Can I do something about the first two?
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes! Try plugging the charger into another AC mains circuit. You should have a circuit breaker box or fuse box for different circuits and rooms where you live. If plugged into a circuit that supplies power to a refrigerator or furnace or heat pump or air conditioner, you can get a lot of electric AC noise interference

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Yes! Try plugging the charger into another AC mains circuit. You should have a circuit breaker box or fuse box for different circuits and rooms where you live. If plugged into a circuit that supplies power to a refrigerator or furnace or heat pump or air conditioner, you can get a lot of electric AC noise interference
    But now without the charger it still crackles on high perfromance. If i set it on battery saver I hear 0 crackles. So that means my battery is a mess?
  • JackE
    Options
    Use one of the balanced power plans, not high performance!!!!

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Use one of the balanced power plans, not high performance!!!!
    I already have it on balanced. But this has to be an issue in the system or what? This can be fixed I think but how
  • JackE
    Options
    Try another AC mains circuit next. You have to keep trying different things until you isolate the cause.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Select the Microphone device under Audio Inputs and Outputs. Use the View menu pull-down to choose Devices by Connection. That shows the chain of connections.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try another AC mains circuit next. You have to keep trying different things until you isolate the cause.
    I did this but it didn't help. I am already 2 months stuck with this. It's a hardware problem. Acer need to update their BIOS for this device. But their live chat never works and they don't respond my mails..
  • JackE
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Then you have to keep trying different other things until you isolate the cause. It could very well be that the interface is defective or incompatible with Win11, not the ACER. Your machine and interface seems to run fine on battery alone so the AC circuit in your home or charger are BIG suspects. You must keep checking the ACER download site for updates like everybody else. The live chat line can't help you with adding updates to ACER download site.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Then you have to keep trying different other things until you isolate the cause. It could very well be that the interface is defective or incompatible with Win11, not the ACER. Your machine and interface seems to run fine on battery alone so the AC circuit in your home or charger are BIG suspects. You must keep checking the ACER download site for updates like everybody else. The live chat line can't help you with adding updates to ACER download site.
    The interface itself is good, its not the interface (I checked it with other laptops, so it has to be hardware), also I have win10 now. I tried other AC circuits also didn’t work. And I checked the acer site, the last updates are in 2019.. could you refer me to the update site because I think I got the wrong one if the latest is from 2019.. I am already struggling 2 months so I know that it IS the hardware from acer.