Audio Crackles/Crackling sound Aspire A515-52

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Options
    In the BIOS menu. Tap F2 on startup to enter BIOS menu. Then go to BIOS menu MAIN tab. Enable both.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Samuel0011 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    In the BIOS menu. Tap F2 on startup to enter BIOS menu. Then go to BIOS menu MAIN tab. Enable both.

I did all this. But I can’t see the OEM. Where can I find that one after tapping alt and f10?
  • JackE
    Options
    Try this. Shut off laptop again. While still shut off, press and hold both ALT+F10 keys. While still holding ALT+F10 keys, turn power back on. Don't let go of ALT+F10 for at least 10 seconds. What happens?

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Try this. Shut off laptop again. While still shut off, press and hold both ALT+F10 keys. While still holding ALT+F10 keys, turn power back on. Don't let go of ALT+F10 for at least 10 seconds. What happens?
    I see the advanced startup. Etc. I know what you mean. But could you please tell me step by step where I can find win10?
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    maybe The Master can post a cellphone photo of the steps he is advising to re-install the OEM Recovery Win10.
    a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Indeed! Hahahah. I just need win10 back I think. I’d like to get win10 back without losing ANY data/files and apps
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I see the advanced startup. Etc. I know what you mean. But could you please tell me step by step where I can find win10? >>>

That's the Win10 recovery menu. Please post a phone photo of the first screen that you got as they vary from model to model

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I see the advanced startup. Etc. I know what you mean. But could you please tell me step by step where I can find win10? >>>

That's the Win10 recovery menu. Please post a phone photo of the first screen that you got as they vary from model to model
    Here is a photo
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, de OEM Win10-herstelpartitie is blijkbaar overschreven door de Win11-herstelpartitie. Klik echter op de tweede optie om te zien of Win10 nog steeds beschikbaar is, hoewel onwaarschijnlijk. Er zal waarschijnlijk een generieke versie van Win10 moeten worden geïnstalleerd.

Sorry, the OEM Win10 recovery partition has apparently been overwritten by Win11 recovery partition. However, click on the second option  to see if Win10 is still available though unlikely. A generic version of Win10  will likely have to be installed.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry, de OEM Win10-herstelpartitie is blijkbaar overschreven door de Win11-herstelpartitie. Klik echter op de tweede optie om te zien of Win10 nog steeds beschikbaar is, hoewel onwaarschijnlijk. Er zal waarschijnlijk een generieke versie van Win10 moeten worden geïnstalleerd.

Sorry, the OEM Win10 recovery partition has apparently been overwritten by Win11 recovery partition. However, click on the second option  to see if Win10 is still available though unlikely. A generic version of Win10  will likely have to be installed.

There is no WIN10 anymore.. how can I download it with keeping everything? (And do you think it might fix the crackling problem or is it related to something else?)
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>how can I download it with keeping everything? >>>

Go to this link , enter your laptop's serial number id (SNID) , use one of the contact methods (chatline, email, phone) to request the OEM recovery USB media for your machine.

If however the OEM version is not available for some reason, then you will have no choice but to back up your personal files and install the generic Microsoft Win10 version using Microsoft's USB media creation tool at this link

I'm really not sure how important this interface is to you to have it working properly right now. But if it was mine, I would try to wait a while for ACER  OEM Win11 drivers to appear or possibly a future Win11 update resolves the issue. Like the rest of us Acer users, you must keep checking for OEM Win11 drivers on the ACER download page for your specific model. They can happen anytime and we have no way of telling you when they'll appear since we are not ACER employees or customer service representatives in these user forums.   

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>how can I download it with keeping everything? >>>

Go to this link , enter your laptop's serial number id (SNID) , use one of the contact methods (chatline, email, phone) to request the OEM recovery USB media for your machine.

If however the OEM version is not available for some reason, then you will have no choice but to back up your personal files and install the generic Microsoft Win10 version using Microsoft's USB media creation tool at this link

I'm really not sure how important this interface is to you to have it working properly right now. But if it was mine, I would try to wait a while for ACER  OEM Win11 drivers to appear or possibly a future Win11 update resolves the issue. Like the rest of us Acer users, you must keep checking for OEM Win11 drivers on the ACER download page for your specific model. They can happen anytime and we have no way of telling you when they'll appear since we are not ACER employees or customer service representatives in these user forums.   

So it will eventually be fixed? Because I thought it might be an error which I made or is it just windows 11? Then I will just wait for a new windows update.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>So it will eventually be fixed? Because I thought it might be an error which I made or is it just windows 11? Then I will just wait for a new windows update. >>>

I think so. Windows 11 is in its infancy. Likely released too soon. Has many bugs yet to be fixed.  But can't give you any 100% guarantees if or when the fix will happen.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>So it will eventually be fixed? Because I thought it might be an error which I made or is it just windows 11? Then I will just wait for a new windows update. >>>

I think so. Windows 11 is in its infancy. Likely released too soon. Has many bugs yet to be fixed.  But can't give you any 100% guarantees if or when the fix will happen.
    So I’ll just wait then instead of downloading win10👍
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:

Last question: Where can I reach to acer? I would like that they run like a diagnosting tool or something to look where the problem exactly is.
  • JackE
    Options
    As posted earlier, ACER  Holland support page https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/support

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    maybe now that -that's- settled
    after 58 comments
    @Samuel0011 might like to browse the device connection tree
    in Device Manager
    starting with the Audient USB-C audio-interface
    and check each node above and above and above it
    right-clicking each node on the way
    and then clicking Update Driver on each
    sometimes Windows finds a new driver along the way
    so there's still hope to solve this today
    but maybe not
    it wouldn't hurt to look
    provided The Master will endorse this approach
    and supply His considerable expert instructions.

like such

Thanks for responding. Could you tell me please more precisely what I need to do step by step and I'll follow :)