Audio Crackles/Crackling sound Aspire A515-52

Samuel0011
Samuel0011 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
Hey guys, I have connected a audiointerface on my laptop but as soon as I play sound the audio crackles. It is very annoying.. anyone a solution?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Does it also crackle with the internal speakers or BT/wired headphones/headsets?

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    Does it also crackle with the internal speakers or BT/wired headphones/headsets?
    See my other post. I opened 2 accidentally oops
  • JackE
    Well then, if the crackle only happens with your audio interface, it might help if you can reveal your audio interface. Homebuilt? Store-bought?

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    Well then, if the crackle only happens with your audio interface, it might help if you can reveal your audio interface. Homebuilt? Store-bought?
    I bought it new so store-bought
  • JackE
    Well, then it also might help if you could reveal the brand, model and type of the audio interface..Maybe even the store you bought it from. How about a link to the device if you bought it on line. There are hundreds or even thousands of store-bought audio interfaces. Some have pre-amps that might not work well with PC audio playback function. There are instrumental type audio interfaces like guitars, moog-like instruments etc, There are wired and wireless audio interfaces. It's hard for me to guess what you have that's crackling

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    Well, then it also might help if you could reveal the brand, model and type of the audio interface..Maybe even the store you bought it from. How about a link to the device if you bought it on line. There are hundreds or even thousands of store-bought audio interfaces. Some have pre-amps that might not work well with PC audio playback function. There are instrumental type audio interfaces like guitars, moog-like instruments etc, There are wired and wireless audio interfaces. It's hard for me to guess what you have that's crackling
    https://www.thomann.de/nl/audient_id4_mkii.htm this is the one. It only cracks on my laptop. I tried the interface with other laptops and it works perfectly
  • Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    In addition: All audio interface crack on my laptop. I tried other interfaces as well
  • JackE
    >>>>See my other post. I opened 2 accidentally oops >>>
    >>>All audio interface crack on my laptop. I tried other interfaces as well>>>

Then why did you tell me that the internal speakers and BT or wired headphones/headsets don't crackle? They're audio interfaces too?

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    >>>>See my other post. I opened 2 accidentally oops >>>
    >>>All audio interface crack on my laptop. I tried other interfaces as well>>>

Then why did you tell me that the internal speakers and BT or wired headphones/headsets don't crackle? They're audio interfaces too?

No I told clearly that the headphone output works fine. Only with an audiointerface the headphones crackle. So when I connect it with my audiointerface it crackles
  • JackE
    Please post a screenshot of Control Panel's sound app with the interface  connected.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    Please post a screenshot of Control Panel's sound app with the interface  connected.
    here is a photo
  • JackE
    Right click properties of the interface. Click advanced tab. Do you notice any differences testing various bit-rate frequency? If not, try disabling audio enhancements and acceleration.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    JackE said:
    Right click properties of the interface. Click advanced tab. Do you notice any differences testing various bit-rate frequency? If not, try disabling audio enhancements and acceleration.
    I tried all this already. Could it be because windows 11 is not compatible with my laptop? I think I go back to windows 10. Could downgrading be the solution for this?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    You haven't told us what laptop you have, so we can't guess if your laptop has issues with Windows 11 or not. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Good question. In my opinion, Win10 is still only half baked. Also in my opinion, Win11 is a premature release a nd way less than half-baked.

If ACER OEM Win11 drivers aren't listed yet on the ACER download site for your model, then yes roll back to Win10 ASAP!!! 

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    billsey said:
    You haven't told us what laptop you have, so we can't guess if your laptop has issues with Windows 11 or not. :)

Acer Aspire A515-52

• Samuel0011
    edited May 2022
    JackE said:
    Good question. In my opinion, Win10 is still only half baked. Also in my opinion, Win11 is a premature release a nd way less than half-baked.

If ACER OEM Win11 drivers aren't listed yet on the ACER download site for your model, then yes roll back to Win10 ASAP!!! 
    Could you look for me please I have no idea how to see it. Model name is XXX

[Edited the content to hide senstive information]
  • JackE
    edited April 2022
    Sorry. Your model does not yet have ACER Win11 OEM updates as shown in this link. As mentioned in many other posts and the warning on the Microsoft update page saying congratulation on Win11, The fact is that, while your laptop may be able to install and run Win11, it doesn't mean Win11 will run 100% perfectly without problems.  In fact, Win10 still doesn't run perfectly without problems.   https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7766?b=1

Jack E/NJ