Audio Crackles/Crackling sound Aspire A515-52

Options

Answers

• Samuel0011
    Samuel0011 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry. Your model does not yet have ACER Win11 OEM updates as shown in this link. As mentioned in many other posts and the warning on the Microsoft update page saying congratulation on Win11, The fact is that, while your laptop may be able to install and run Win11, it doesn't mean Win11 will run 100% perfectly without problems.  In fact, Win10 still doesn't run perfectly without problems.   https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7766?b=1

I made this night a system image. Could you please tell me how to get windows 10 with keeping ALL my apps and files?
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    @Samuel0011
    when you installed the Windows driver, did it tell you anything unusual?
    Nothing at all actually. I talked to the staff from audient as well and they had no idea how this happens. So it has to be win11
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,579 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I made this night a system image. Could you please tell me how to get windows 10 with keeping ALL my apps and files?>>>

(1) Turn machine off  Then  turn it back on and immediately tap F2 to enter BIOS menu
    (2) In the MAIN tab, make sure the F12 boot and D2D options are enabled
    (3) Shut machine off again Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold ALT key while tappin F10 key
    (4) If the Win11 installation didn't corrupt or change the hidden OEM recovery partition, a menu should appear to allow you to reset the Win10 system while trying to save your personal data and manual program installation

But before you make a decision to do this, you might want to wait for the possibllity that a future Win11 update will fix the problem with the interface. Meanwhile, you might want to try downloading and installing iobit's Driver Booster freeware driver tool to see if it might be able to pick up better Win11 drivers online right now.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I made this night a system image. Could you please tell me how to get windows 10 with keeping ALL my apps and files?>>>

(1) Turn machine off  Then  turn it back on and immediately tap F2 to enter BIOS menu
    (3) Shut machine off again Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold ALT key while tappin F10 key
    (4) If the Win11 installation didn't corrupt or change the hidden OEM recovery partition, a menu should appear to allow you to reset the Win10 system while trying to save your personal data and manual program installation

But before you make a decision to do this, you might want to wait for the possibllity that a future Win11 update will fix the problem with the interface. Meanwhile, you might want to try downloading and installing iobit's Driver Booster freeware driver tool to see if it might be able to pick up better Win11 drivers online right now.

I will try it
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    Before I would melt it down, I would have a social visit with mister Device Manager and see if Sir Audient and everybody else there is happy.
    I mean, that cackling sound could be coming from chickens.
    How? can u tell me
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:

I updated all the drivers it didn't help. Also I tried a refresh clean install windows 11 and the problem still remains.. I have no clue what to do anymore
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    In Windows 10 you can right-clock the Windows (start-menu) button and get a bus ticket to Device Manager there.
    Elsewise mister Device Manager can be found in the Control Panel of all things in this universe.
    goodness, if you've not ever traveled to Device Manager Land, it's a whole new world.
    like an arcade.
    you never know what you might find there.
    Oh ofcourse I know it. I tried a lot of things in there haha. But what do you want me to find there?
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    You could investigate mister Audient, or maybe other Audio-looking things.
    yellow exclamation bang signs ("!") are real attention-getters.
    and besides that, since it is USB-C audio-interface,
    you could click on it to turn it blue, then above in the "View" tab, choose "Devices by connection" to see how it's hooked up to USB.
    it would be so much fun.
    I see too much there i dont know how I can anticipate that
  • Samuel0011
    Options
    do you see "Audio input and output" ?
    maybe mister Audient is there.
    give that a double-click and see if he comes to the door.
    yes he's there
  • JackE
    Options
    If you must have this interface right now, then I suggest resetting to factory-installed OEM Win10 from the hidden ACER recovery partition.. The more times you re-install Win11 and try to force it to work correctly --- despite the Microsoft warning that it may not --- the more likely this hidden partition will become inaccessible.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    If you must have this interface right now, then I suggest resetting to factory-installed OEM Win10 from the hidden ACER recovery partition.. The more times you re-install Win11 and try to force it to work correctly --- despite the Microsoft warning that it may not --- the more likely this hidden partition will become inaccessible.
    How can I do this?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>How can I do this?>>>

Make sure both the F12 and D2D options are still enabled in the BIOS MAIN tab. Then shut the machine down. Turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If the hidden OEM Win10 recovery partition is still intact, a recovery menu should appear. Follow directions to first try the reset while trying to save your personal data &installed programs.

Jack E/NJ

• Samuel0011
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>How can I do this?>>>

Make sure both the F12 and D2D options are still enabled in the BIOS MAIN tab. Then shut the machine down. Turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If the hidden OEM Win10 recovery partition is still intact, a recovery menu should appear. Follow directions to first try the reset while trying to save your personal data &installed programs.

How can I see that f12 and d2d? Where is the maintab