Orion Predator 3000-620 po3 mfd. 1 dec 2020 FREEZE/STUTTER - help needed, tried everything!

Options
124»

Answers

• Viego34
    Viego34 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    I believe most, if not all, users were able to just move their mouse and keyboard to the two USB 2.0 ports under the Ethernet port. With that change Predator Sense doesn't cause the ticks.
    Under the ethernet port? I only see 2 USB ports next to ethernet port and 3 above. 
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Viego34 said:
    Hello? Why did this problem suddenly vanish? I am experiencing the same problem. Did that USB solution fix everything? Or was this problem only ignored? 

It's because the predatorsense app is the issue with pretty much everyone. The USB solution is entirely irrelevant as far I know, I use one of the "problem" USB slots and still no freezing. I haven't had a freeze in months because I stopped keeping the app open. I still have the app installed and only open to change fan speeds, but I think some people had to fully uninstall it for the freezing to stop.

In 9/10 cases it was the app, trust me I spent a solid month problem solving to reach this conclusion, try not using the app. I don't believe it is caused by the USB slots, but it can't hurt to try if either not using the app or uninstalling it doesn't fix the issue.
  • Viego34
    Viego34 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Viego34 said:
    Hello? Why did this problem suddenly vanish? I am experiencing the same problem. Did that USB solution fix everything? Or was this problem only ignored? 

It's because the predatorsense app is the issue with pretty much everyone. The USB solution is entirely irrelevant as far I know, I use one of the "problem" USB slots and still no freezing. I haven't had a freeze in months because I stopped keeping the app open. I still have the app installed and only open to change fan speeds, but I think some people had to fully uninstall it for the freezing to stop.

In 9/10 cases it was the app, trust me I spent a solid month problem solving to reach this conclusion, try not using the app. I don't believe it is caused by the USB slots, but it can't hurt to try if either not using the app or uninstalling it doesn't fix the issue.
    Are they aware about this? Problem seems to have been around for a half a year now and no changes to the app. I have tried closing the app but I am still unsure if the problem has to do with either or both. I should try contacting them and ask if they have any clue about it. Thanks. 
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Viego34 said:

Viego34 said:

Are they aware about this? Problem seems to have been around for a half a year now and no changes to the app. I have tried closing the app but I am still unsure if the problem has to do with either or both. I should try contacting them and ask if they have any clue about it. Thanks. 
    If keeping it closed prevents freezing, it's the app. I'm unaware if Acer knows of this issue, I've never bothered to contact them because it seems fruitless. They're unlikely to look into it unless they specifically see this thread, which I would have thought an Acer employee actually mods so they can forward things exactly like this onto the people within the company who deal with this stuff.

• Joni3090
    Joni3090 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    This is very weird problem. Just got my new $5000 Predator and it stutters at least two or three times an hour. It freezes up sound, mousemovement and everything. Didn't expect this from a high end PC more expensive than my car... I just tossed my USB's around, to see if that makes it any better...
  • Watermelon3000
    Watermelon3000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Joni3090 said:
    This is very weird problem. Just got my new $5000 Predator and it stutters at least two or three times an hour. It freezes up sound, mousemovement and everything. Didn't expect this from a high end PC more expensive than my car... I just tossed my USB's around, to see if that makes it any better...
    Don’t open predator sense when u are in game
  • 006_Bill
    006_Bill Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Believe me...there is no true fix. I tried it all. The only way I eventually beat this issue, was to sell my system and move on. What a nightmare. Take it from me...drop it like it's hot. ASAP. 
  • Tahiti
    Tahiti Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    I gave a very detailed solution to my problem but I think Acer removed it cuz I also swore and criticized them pretty harshly. I actually bought 2 of these computers and for one of them, it was just a matter of keeping the app closed because it runs perfectly fine now. However, for the other PC, I don't remember exactly what I did but I believe I did reinstall graphics drivers, reduced power usage in the GPU and CPU (this does affect performance a little but I would rather have fewer frames than have it crash and also cuz power supply is not good), My USB configuration was changed where my mouse and keyboard were connected to the USB next to the ethernet port, and also uninstalled predator sense but in the end, I reinstalled it and just disabled it because its a pain in the but to control lights without it. I don't remember anything else but hope this helps people who buy this PC in the future.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, there are automated tools that block bad words and with enough of them will block the whole post. Not something the moderators have to deal with manually.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NapoleaoV
    NapoleaoV Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I got a brand new Predator Orion 3000 P03-640 a week ago,and since day one, after installing windows 11, the computer was freezing, rebooting, getting froze while in changing config in the BIOS, basically it was very unstable at all levels. I started reading this post, did all the recomendations, I did format and reininstall windows 11 again, did upgrade the bios, and for a couple of hours it did look it was stable again, but I was wrong. I was starting a game, and played for few minutes then the blue screen started again, bios get frozen when acessing all same thing.

Then a day after, I was prepared to continue checking the problem, and when I started the computer, it gave a long beep without stopping, because of my experience with PCs, I thought it must be RAM. I open the computer (it has two 8gbs ram modules)and put them in the other two slots, same beep when started. Them I removed one of the 8gbs RAM module, and the beep was gone, everything is stable now with using only 8gbs of RAM instead of 16gbs. Games are not crashing anymore. So in may case is probably a bad RAM module(I will check with them to replace this ram module)

I am leaving this post so other people with the same problem can also check the RAM in case thats the problem, my case it was the RAM.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, typically a ram issue like yours is pretty easy to diagnose, the beeeeeeeeeeeep is kind of obvious. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.