Orion Predator 3000-620 po3 mfd. 1 dec 2020 FREEZE/STUTTER - help needed, tried everything!

Options
Krukzah
Krukzah Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
*SORRY FOR REPOST, BUT I HAVE NOT SOLVED THIS PROBLEM ANOTHER USER HAD*

Acer Predator Orion will occasionally freeze up and mute my discord, the stutter/freeze only lasts for a second, which freezes whole pc+sound and afterwards messes up my discord for some reason. I have updated all the drivers, BIOS, CPU and graphic card, windows 10 etc etc. and was wondering if anyone knew of a simple fix so I dont have to go and return the pc. I've monitered the task manager, sometimes GPU spikes, sometimes CPU, sometimes nothing spikes. That is why I think it's some kind of software failure. It happens every 1.5-3hrs. This can also happen without discord open, I just notice it more when Discord is open, because the sound mutes afterwards, and I have to switch channels to get it back. And can happen anytime, both while gaming and while idle. 

Answers

• Hoxha
    Hoxha Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi there @Krukzah,

Wondering if you have found a sollution yet, because i am having the same issues like you. I managed to make some pictures of predator Sense while it happend.

I am using a Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620_W.

Greetz Hoxha
  • Krukzah
    Options
    @Hoxha Nope, cant find any solution for this :( Not sure how to proceed from here
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Those spikes look like thermal throttling, except the numbers don't seem high enough to trigger it there...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    I have forwarded this Forum post to Acer, will Update if they come back. Seems like it’s a problem with this model of pc
  • Krukzah
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Acer just told me to do a factory reset of the pc, I’m scared its due to the 500w PSU, could this be any reason for this problem? Or am I just overthinking it. Because 3070 recommends 600+ and been Reading online people saying it needs 550 minimum. @billsey
  • billsey
    Options
    Which GpU did yours come with? Which GPU is in it now?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    It came with nvidia 3070 from the store, have not changed it. 
  • billsey
    Options
    If Acer is shipping the 3070 SKUs with a 500W drive, they've done enough testing to know it works at that power level, and they test with fully populated memory and drives, so power shouldn't be an issue.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    I tried the factory reset that Acer support advised me, freeze still happened, after the factory reset was done. 
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    This exact same thing has been happening to me, computer randomly freezes every so often. Only difference is I have an RTX 2060 in mine. Your issue is unlikely to be the graphics card, now we just have to figure out what is causing it.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    This exact same thing has been happening to me, computer randomly freezes every so often. Only difference is I have an RTX 2060 in mine. Your issue is unlikely to be the graphics card, now we just have to figure out what is causing it.
    Please forward this to Acer support, so they are aware that it is also happening to you. You can refer to this post also. I been in contact with Them, and they will look into it. But more with issue can only speed up the time it takes to get solved. 
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Krukzah said:
    Please forward this to Acer support, so they are aware that it is also happening to you. You can refer to this post also. I been in contact with Them, and they will look into it. But more with issue can only speed up the time it takes to get solved. 

I just e-mailed them before coming here. I'll let them know when they get back to me. I informed them that I've already reset my PC and tried a bunch of *****, so hopefully I won't get the usual basic tech support advice.
  • Krukzah
    Options

Everyone looking at post with same problem, please try only connecting your pc as me, top left usb is mouse, top right is headset, bottom left usb is keyboard, and I use 1 DP and 1 hdmi for monitors, and use the usb mini in front for webcam. Please report back, when running like this my pc worked for 2 days without a freeze, as soon I moved my keyboard up on the top row of USB ports, then the freeze happened 1 hour later. 
  • billsey
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The two black USB ports next to your Ethernet are USB 2.0 and appropriate for keyboard and mouse. The Blue ones are USB 3.0 and are useful for your higher data rate needs like the webcam and headset.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    billsey said:
    The two black USB ports next to your Ethernet are USB 2.0 and appropriate for keyboard and mouse. The Blue ones are USB 3.0 and are useful for your higher data rate needs like the webcam and headset.
    Okay thanks, but if I change any USB than this, the freeze/stutter starts again. So I assume its some kind of defect in the motherboard? 
  • billsey
    Options
    I'm thinking it's more likely the keyboard. There's not a lot that can go wrong with the motherboard that would let it still almost work.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    billsey said:
    I'm thinking it's more likely the keyboard. There's not a lot that can go wrong with the motherboard that would let it still almost work.
    There are 4 post on here with same error on their pc, I do not Think its my keyboard sadly
  • MattDeamon
    MattDeamon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same error pls update this post if any solution works tried everything :/ 
  • Krukzah
    Options
    I have the same error pls update this post if any solution works tried everything :/ 
    Look at the post I posted on this with the USB. 
  • MattDeamon
    MattDeamon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    thats no solution dude... its ignoring the Problem and hoping it works... but glad it helps you