Orion Predator 3000-620 po3 mfd. 1 dec 2020 FREEZE/STUTTER - help needed, tried everything!

Options

Answers

• Krukzah
    Krukzah Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    thats no solution dude... its ignoring the Problem and hoping it works... but glad it helps you
    I’m aware, Acer wants me to ship Them my pc for investigation, but I need the pc for work so I cant. I send Them all this info I Got. So for now, this is my only option, they Think its a problem with the mainboard.
  • Termy2
    Termy2 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    thats no solution dude... its ignoring the Problem and hoping it works... but glad it helps you
    Lol.. Did you even try it??? 
  • MattDeamon
    MattDeamon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    yes i did...
  • blickysticky
    blickysticky Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    hi guys i think i might know the solution or something that might help, try going in to bios and then press the load omptimised settings key(something like that) and then save and exit, for me the stutter hasnt happened for a while.
  • blickysticky
    Options
    nvm it doesnt work
  • unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I just e-mailed them before coming here. I'll let them know when they get back to me. I informed them that I've already reset my PC and tried a bunch of *****, so hopefully I won't get the usual basic tech support advice.

I'm having the same issue. What email address are you using for support? I'd like to contact them as well.
  • CyanideClide
    CyanideClide Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Krukzah said:
    *SORRY FOR REPOST, BUT I HAVE NOT SOLVED THIS PROBLEM ANOTHER USER HAD*

Acer Predator Orion will occasionally freeze up and mute my discord, the stutter/freeze only lasts for a second, which freezes whole pc+sound and afterwards messes up my discord for some reason. I have updated all the drivers, BIOS, CPU and graphic card, windows 10 etc etc. and was wondering if anyone knew of a simple fix so I dont have to go and return the pc. I've monitered the task manager, sometimes GPU spikes, sometimes CPU, sometimes nothing spikes. That is why I think it's some kind of software failure. It happens every 1.5-3hrs. This can also happen without discord open, I just notice it more when Discord is open, because the sound mutes afterwards, and I have to switch channels to get it back. And can happen anytime, both while gaming and while idle. 
    I Had the same issue too! random freeze that make my speakers buzz for like 1 second then all back to normal, I did the following and i have not had any issues since;

Did a  re-install of windows and uninstalled predator sense, if you want to monitor your GPU temps etc just use Afterburner and HWmonitor :) hope this helps!

• Krukzah
    Krukzah Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Sadly, I'm kind of stuck with Acer, because they want me to return my PC, and I can't because I use it for work in theese corona times. Please report back if any sent in their pc and they found a solution, the trick with changing USB works as a temp. solution so far. But does not work if you need to use all USB slots for something. 
  • Vinnie730
    Vinnie730 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I've got the same problem with you guys, I've also tried to update everything but it doesn't fix the problem. I think its something with the motherboard from the pc or the cpu cooler because the cpu is getting hot if it freezes i think it is that but I am not sure. And all of you has different specs and the problem is still there. I've got a RTX 2070 SUPER, i7 10700. So it cant be the gpu because everyone has a different gpu.

• ShayJanie
    ShayJanie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I've got the same problem as everyone it appears. I've sent an email outlining my issues and all the troubleshooting I've done, so hopefully, they come back with some sort of answer. Have any of you received any updates on possible solutions?
  • blickysticky
    Options
    i recieved my pc from service and the problem still occurs :(
  • ShayJanie
    ShayJanie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i recieved my pc from service and the problem still occurs :(
    Oh no! Wow that’s not good. Let us know how they tell you to proceed 
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    Just want to update you all with my findings.

I’m positive the issue, at least with my computer, is actually the predatorsense app. I done the USB change and for about a month Ive had no issues. I coincidentally didn’t  keep the predatorsense app open during this as I stopped obsessing over temps. A few nights ago I left the app open when changing fan speeds and I had a freeze. It’s the app. Don’t keep it open, just open it to change fan speeds it or whatever and close it.
  • Vinnie730
    Options

I’m positive the issue, at least with my computer, is actually the predatorsense app. I done the USB change and for about a month Ive had no issues. I coincidentally didn’t  keep the predatorsense app open during this as I stopped obsessing over temps. A few nights ago I left the app open when changing fan speeds and I had a freeze. It’s the app. Don’t keep it open, just open it to change fan speeds it or whatever and close it.

Normally that shouldn't be allowed, the app is built for it, so I think it is strange that the error only comes along when you have the app open. i think it's the motherboard because i still have the problem while the predator sense app is completely shut down. By the way, I did send an email to acer but no response yet, probably due to the bustle of corona. And you should normally be allowed to insert your USB devices into your PC normally, and not in a specific order. So I think I'm just going to send it back in the hope that my pc is fixed.

• VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Vinnie730 said:

Normally that shouldn't be allowed, the app is built for it, so I think it is strange that the error only comes along when you have the app open. i think it's the motherboard because i still have the problem while the predator sense app is completely shut down. By the way, I did send an email to acer but no response yet, probably due to the bustle of corona. And you should normally be allowed to insert your USB devices into your PC normally, and not in a specific order. So I think I'm just going to send it back in the hope that my pc is fixed.

Considering that other guy sent his PC away and still has the issue, I don't know why you'd bother.

Another comment mentioned completely uninstalling the predatorsense app, which I assume people overlooked as it lacked context. All I can do in mine is changed the lights, fan speeds and monitor temps. I don't know if other functions would cause the app to run in the background, so maybe uninstall it. You have nothing to lose.

Also if you haven't changed the USB slots because you need to extra space you can use a USB hub. I done that and it's been fine.
  • Fingarn
    Fingarn Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I am on a P03-620 i7-10700 gtx3070. I have the same issue and I have figured out that my KMV switch used for keyboard and mouse makes problems worse. Total freeze after 30 min gaming with kmv switch. Without switch problems limited to stuttering/throttling.

No difference with sense app opened or closed. 

With all fans on max in sense app I still get throttling and very high cpu temps. 
  • unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Pretty sure it's the USB 3.0 slots on the back, as others have noted. I had a web cam plugged into it and not only had the stutter issues, but also had discord randomly dropping my mic during game play. I've played without the web cam and for the past two weeks I haven't seen the issue one time. IMO this is likely a motherboard and/or driver issue. It's going to be hard to get a fix from ASUS on this since it's difficult to reproduce the error. Like you have to be sitting there using the system to see it happen. I couldn't find any system logs to indicate something went wrong.
  • Tahiti
    Tahiti Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Options
    hi guys,
    MattDeamonHoxha
    Did you guys manage to find a solution cuz I've also tried just about everything. I actually bought two of these and both of the computers freeze which sucks and it's ligit the same problem as u guys on both of my computers. 
    Thanks
  • Vinnie730
    Options
    Vinnie730 said:

Considering that other guy sent his PC away and still has the issue, I don't know why you'd bother.

Another comment mentioned completely uninstalling the predatorsense app, which I assume people overlooked as it lacked context. All I can do in mine is changed the lights, fan speeds and monitor temps. I don't know if other functions would cause the app to run in the background, so maybe uninstall it. You have nothing to lose.

Also if you haven't changed the USB slots because you need to extra space you can use a USB hub. I done that and it's been fine.
    I probably discovered the problem, the other day I had the predator sense app open to change my lights or my fan speed, because I clicked on any light type my pc started to freeze and started making strange noises. I sent an email about this to Acer, the email said that sometimes a new version of the predator sense app is released, I eventually installed it and tried it out, 2 hours later the problem followed again, this probably the app refresed every 5 seconds because of this I think that the refresing causes the pc to crash, the app service always stays on in the background but only uses cpu when you have the app on.
    I haven't seen a hike in cpu / gpu usage here and there while stuttering/freezing

• Alsmuili
    Alsmuili Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same problem here. I bought my pc Predator PO3-620  last month and happily :( I got the freeze and stuttering too. I sent the pc to Acer and what they have done was just changing the hard disk to a new one. I have the same problem exactly and I did plug out everything from USB 3 to make sure it not the problem but sadly the pc is getting the freeze every 3 hr to 4. why we have this problem with this expensive pc. also even Acer does not know what to do here.