Orion Predator 3000-620 po3 mfd. 1 dec 2020 FREEZE/STUTTER - help needed, tried everything!

Options

Answers

• Alsmuili
    Alsmuili Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    before I sent the pc to Acer, the problem was from CPU temp spike up and now after I got it back the problem  is the same as last time, spiking CPU temp up and some time is dropping GPU to 0%  
  • Vinnie730
    Vinnie730 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Alsmuili said:
    before I sent the pc to Acer, the problem was from CPU temp spike up and now after I got it back the problem  is the same as last time, spiking CPU temp up and some time is dropping GPU to 0%  

I think its because the Predator sense app updates around 5 sec each, and because the predator sense app crashes, the app does not measure the CPU and GPU usage so you probably see such a spike. Thats why i think.

• Alsmuili

Tinkerer

Options
    Vinnie730 said:
    Alsmuili said:

I think its because the Predator sense app updates around 5 sec each, and because the predator sense app crashes, the app does not measure the CPU and GPU usage so you probably see such a spike. Thats why i think.

I don’t think so, because when the spike occurred the whole system freezes, so it not the app read the cpu and gpu wrong ,it is something  making the pc go crazy for 1 sec and my pc is one month old too. I have a video of this happening. I recorded it by my phone. It happened every 3-4 hour. I will upload it to YouTube and send then I will link here
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

Options
    https://youtu.be/pwUN2QknsS0 here is the video here^^^

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I think the temperature spike is an artifact of the freeze, not the freeze is an artifact of the temp spike. When the freeze happens the fan continues to spin at the rate set an instant before the freeze. If the fan is trying to cool at that moment your temperature will drop while it's frozen, if the fan is backing off because the temperature was lower than the set point you see an upward spike in temperature. The freeze is what we need to diagnose and the spikes will go away when we have that dealt with.
    A freeze that affects the mouse is pretty low level, typically a PCI bus request that blocks everything else until it gets a response or a timeout. The timeouts are typically in the 1000ms range, so pretty noticeable. Likely there's a piece of software running that makes a bad request, then doesn't get a response which gives you the freeze. I know some people have found that if Predator Sense isn't running they don't see as many freezes, but I'm not sure we're ready to state that PS is the cause.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

Options
    Idk, I gave the pc to acer and they changed the hard disk and still it’s happening. now I return it back to them with video I recorded. Hopefully, they would get it right this time.
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

Options
    Alsmuili said:
    Idk, I gave the pc to acer and they changed the hard disk and still it’s happening. now I return it back to them with video I recorded. Hopefully, they would get it right this time.
    Also, whether the predator sense is running or not I get the freezes every 3-4 hour. I don’t know why it happening, my friend told me it maybe the cpu. He said probably one of the cpu spike got damaged when installed and whenever  the pc come to this part it freezes because it. Idk if it the cause or not, but i wish it get fixed. I spent a good amount of money in this pc to not get a headache and know it make all the headache 🤕 
  • Tahiti
    Tahiti Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Options
    Alsmuili said:
    Alsmuili said:
    Also, whether the predator sense is running or not I get the freezes every 3-4 hour. I don’t know why it happening, my friend told me it maybe the cpu. He said probably one of the cpu spike got damaged when installed and whenever  the pc come to this part it freezes because it. Idk if it the cause or not, but i wish it get fixed. I spent a good amount of money in this pc to not get a headache and know it make all the headache 🤕 
    can u update if u ever do fix It cuz I bought 2 of these and they both have that issue its really annoying
    Thanks
  • Tahiti

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Options
    its kinda that you spend 2 grand and have to deal with this 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
  • Alsmuili

Tinkerer

Options
    I had a call from them acer service centers today. they said the freezer did not happen to them and they saw nothing wrong , it now getting more complicated 🙃.
  • chaZmich14
    chaZmich14 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bought the Orion 3000 with gtx3070 to my wife 2 days ago. The freezes started almost same day. Exactly as it is described in the post. It seems so far that stopping the Predator app helped. She did that yesterday and so far no freezes - and she is on the PC all the time. So I suspect the main problem is the app. Or maybe app with combination with some USB configuration (in our case all USB ports are busy becaue Valve Index VR set needs 4 ports for itself)
  • VerminKing
    VerminKing Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Tahiti said:
    thats no solution dude... its ignoring the Problem and hoping it works... but glad it helps you
    hi guys,
    MattDeamonHoxha
    Did you guys manage to find a solution cuz I've also tried just about everything. I actually bought two of these and both of the computers freeze which sucks and it's ligit the same problem as u guys on both of my computers. 
    Thanks

As I've previously said, the predatorsense app was the issue for me. If it's open, it will cause freezing. I only use mine to change fan speeds and never keep it open. Only times I ever get a freeze is when I forget to close the app. I'd recommend uninstalling the app if you get freezes even if the app isn't open, but I have no idea if that would fix the issue for you.

I know without a doubt that the app is the issue for me, that's all I can help with besides the other things that have been mentioned in this thread. I wouldn't bother contacting Acer, they'll give you the usual reset PC, ask for you to send it in and it won't be fixed.
  • Tom145
    Tom145 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello guys! I also had this problem and for my case was the Predatorsense App. Now that I found this forum topic, I wanted to tell you that the PredatorSense app is making the freezes, so it's better to just use the app to adjust things, then close it. And if you want to monitor your temperatures, better to install a 3rd party app that does that, and only use the predator sense app only when you want to adjust your fans or change the LED colors. 

I have this PC for 2 weeks now, and overall is a great PC, but there are 2 downsides:
    1) the CPU Cooler is a stock Intel one, which needs to be replaced, get's around 50°C from surfing the web which is insanely high;
    2) there's only 1 M2 slot for SSD and I'm glad I made the wise choice to buy the 1TB one.

I wish I can find somewhere some instructions on upgrading your CPU for this PC in particular! :)
  • Chaums
    Chaums Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi, i have the same problem, freeze during 2-3s, song does "beeeeep", and discord bug. I try to don't launch Predator Sense on my pc, but on my phone, it's okay you guess ?  Sorry if my english is bad^^
  • Nico034
    Nico034 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hello guys ! 

Just bought a predator p03-620 yesterday and i have the same probleme than all of you. Someone have found a solution ? I'll try uninstalling the predatorsense app as you said and i hope it will work. 

Thanks.
  • Nico034
    Nico034 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Nico034 said:
    Hello guys ! 

Just bought a predator p03-620 yesterday and i have the same probleme than all of you. Someone have found a solution ? I'll try uninstalling the predatorsense app as you said and i hope it will work. 

Thanks.
    Well, closing the predatorsense app work for me, no more crash. 
  • Tahiti

Tinkerer

Options
    Chaums said:
    Hi, i have the same problem, freeze during 2-3s, song does "beeeeep", and discord bug. I try to don't launch Predator Sense on my pc, but on my phone, it's okay you guess ?  Sorry if my english is bad^^
    Nico034 said:
    Hello guys ! 

Thanks.
    So I don't think you should uninstall Predatorsense unless the freeze happens while the app is closed. Just don't monitor with predator sense because u should have the option to change fan speed and if you want to monitor temps and stuff just use MSI afterburner. 
  • Kirsten1980
    Kirsten1980 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you!!! This solved the issues i had with my predator. I had the mouse and keyboard in te upper row usb slots, in stead of next to the internet cable, and had predatorsense open all the time. I had countless mini freezes -2-3 sec a day. I tried every troubleshooter there was, and had pretty much given up, and wanted to return the pc to the store, till i came across this post. Since i changed the mouse and keyboard to the lower usb slots, and kept predatorsense closed, i did not experience anymore freezing.
  • Viego34
    Viego34 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello? Why did this problem suddenly vanish? I am experiencing the same problem. Did that USB solution fix everything? Or was this problem only ignored? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe most, if not all, users were able to just move their mouse and keyboard to the two USB 2.0 ports under the Ethernet port. With that change Predator Sense doesn't cause the ticks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.