ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-53- loud fan noise plugged in. Over double RPM

Answers

• Sync_strike
    Sync_strike Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ferengo said
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    No. It does improve it. What I had to do i make a custom plan. I copied all settings that the battery had on the Acer plan and put them in both the battery and plugged in. This has helped.

bro, would u min sharing ur power plan settings? cos I created mine and it's still the same.
    Hey bud. No problem. You have to go through a few settings but try these. This is the custom plan I set up.

Once I had the plan set up I checked the power settings and they're at this. 

The Nividia app I set to this so the GPU doesn't drain the battery too much. See the battery boost. This is only in game but worth doing I guess.

Here's a quick screen shot of my battery life with these settings on. 

Now when I charge I do still get the fan kicking in but no where near as bad and once it's passed 95% it stops. If you turn off the battery saver when charging I can't remember but it either makes it better or worse, easy to check  :)

Hope these settings help. Let me know if it does or not and if you need any help. I'm no expert but I'll try to help. 
    What is ur GPU fan speed during charging at idle?
    About 1300-1400rpm

Hi I just bought this laptop and I have the same problem as you.
    I have created a custom plan same as urs but the problem still persists. 
    Why don't acer give us the option to control the fans on our own? 
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Ferengo said
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    No. It does improve it. What I had to do i make a custom plan. I copied all settings that the battery had on the Acer plan and put them in both the battery and plugged in. This has helped.

bro, would u min sharing ur power plan settings? cos I created mine and it's still the same.
    Hey bud. No problem. You have to go through a few settings but try these. This is the custom plan I set up.

The Nividia app I set to this so the GPU doesn't drain the battery too much. See the battery boost. This is only in game but worth doing I guess.

Now when I charge I do still get the fan kicking in but no where near as bad and once it's passed 95% it stops. If you turn off the battery saver when charging I can't remember but it either makes it better or worse, easy to check  :)

Hope these settings help. Let me know if it does or not and if you need any help. I'm no expert but I'll try to help. 
    About 1300-1400rpm

That's odd. What are your fans running at?

Does the Acer Predatorsense not allow you to set the fan speed? I thought it did but am not sure without checking.
  • Sync_strike
    Sync_strike Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

About 1300-1400rpm

Does the Acer Predatorsense not allow you to set the fan speed? I thought it did but am not sure without checking.
    My fans run at 3000-3700 rpm wen idle during charging.
    But I haven't set the battery saver to 100 and I didn't SEt tht nvidia battery saver to 100 either.
    Is it OK to play games even after charging reaches 100%? It doesn't damage the battery right? Cuz the fans reaches 1900 rpm after 85% charge 
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

About 1300-1400rpm

My fans run at 3000-3700 rpm wen idle during charging.
    But I haven't set the battery saver to 100 and I didn't SEt tht nvidia battery saver to 100 either.
    Is it OK to play games even after charging reaches 100%? It doesn't damage the battery right? Cuz the fans reaches 1900 rpm after 85% charge 
    I don't see there being a problem as long as your temps aren't too high. If the fans are running and cooling it then it should be fine. I think I posted my temps and fan speeds while gaming on my settings and it's pretty low. 
  • corvusthegenius
    corvusthegenius Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    if anyone can solve this problem, and I can solve it by doing what he did, I'll give him 100 dollar.
  • Ferengo
    if anyone can solve this problem, and I can solve it by doing what he did, I'll give him 100 dollar.
    Well I've updated to the latest firmware and it's still running way better than it was. What are you doing when you are charging it? Is battery saver active when it's charging?

• corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Well I've updated to the latest firmware and it's still running way better than it was. What are you doing when you are charging it? Is battery saver active when it's charging?

i open nothing. i used better battery while charging and the issue still persist. do u install intel dynamic platform driver from acer's website? or any other driver from there?
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:

i open nothing. i used better battery while charging and the issue still persist. do u install intel dynamic platform driver from acer's website? or any other driver from there?
    That's your problem then, you haven't followed what I did. 

No, didn't install that unless it came pre-installed from Acer. 
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

tried ur power settings, no luck bro.
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

So you used them, but it's running in better battery when charging?
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

nah, for your power settings, there is no option to change. only battery saver button available, but u cannot turn that on during charging.
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

nah, for your power settings, there is no option to change. only battery saver button available, but u cannot turn that on during charging.
    How are you determinig what power setting you are using during charging?

FYI my laptop battery died. I've plugged it in and am watchng Netflix through Chrome while charging and I can't hear any fans running. Battery is currently at 15% and still charging. Fan are at about 1400 rpm.
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

How are you determinig what power setting you are using during charging?

FYI my laptop battery died. I've plugged it in and am watchng Netflix through Chrome while charging and I can't hear any fans running. Battery is currently at 15% and still charging. Fan are at about 1400 rpm.
    There's no slider to change power mode if I use ur battery plan..
  • Ferengo
    Me either as it's tied into the setting I'm using. If I go into power settings I can change. "How are you determinig what power setting you are using during charging?"
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Me either as it's tied into the setting I'm using. If I go into power settings I can change. "How are you determinig what power setting you are using during charging?"
    wdym by "How are you determinig what power setting you are using during charging?" 
  • Ferengo
    You're saying you're using "better battery" during charging. How are you seeing that you are using that during charging?
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    You're saying you're using "better battery" during charging. How are you seeing that you are using that during charging?
    that's only available if i use my own power plan. with ur plan, i cannot see that. btw what windows version are u using currently?
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    that's only available if i use my own power plan. with ur plan, i cannot see that. btw what windows version are u using currently?
    I would guess that would be as you're using the custom plan and it won't revert to any other setting which is the point of it. You want full control of the settings. If you're not using the settings then it won't work as intended.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    I would guess that would be as you're using the custom plan and it won't revert to any other setting which is the point of it. You want full control of the settings. If you're not using the settings then it won't work as intended.

yeah, but what version? mine is windows 10 2004. u can check on "About This PC" by searching it on the search bar. pls help me bro
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

yeah, but what version? mine is windows 10 2004. u can check on "About This PC" by searching it on the search bar. pls help me bro
    Gotcha. It says there it's 1909 build 18363.1198