ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-53- loud fan noise plugged in. Over double RPM

124»

Answers

• corvusthegenius
    corvusthegenius Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    You're saying you're using "better battery" during charging. How are you seeing that you are using that during charging?
    that's only available if i use my own power plan. with ur plan, i cannot see that. btw what windows version are u using currently?
    I would guess that would be as you're using the custom plan and it won't revert to any other setting which is the point of it. You want full control of the settings. If you're not using the settings then it won't work as intended.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    yeah, but what version? mine is windows 10 2004. u can check on "About This PC" by searching it on the search bar. pls help me bro
    Gotcha. It says there it's 1909 build 18363.1198
    if u change back to original power plan, would ghe fans ramp up though?
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    You're saying you're using "better battery" during charging. How are you seeing that you are using that during charging?
    that's only available if i use my own power plan. with ur plan, i cannot see that. btw what windows version are u using currently?
    I would guess that would be as you're using the custom plan and it won't revert to any other setting which is the point of it. You want full control of the settings. If you're not using the settings then it won't work as intended.

yeah, but what version? mine is windows 10 2004. u can check on "About This PC" by searching it on the search bar. pls help me bro
    It was before. The only change I have made is the power plan. If I revert, then it's back to how it was where it's loud fans. Fan speeds double and even treble during charging when I don't use those settings. 
  • corvusthegenius
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

It was before. The only change I have made is the power plan. If I revert, then it's back to how it was where it's loud fans. Fan speeds double and even treble during charging when I don't use those settings. 
    u mentioned that u updated the bios right? so your bios is now 1.07?
  • Ferengo
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:
    Ferengo said:

u mentioned that u updated the bios right? so your bios is now 1.07?
    Yeah. I updated it. Didn't make a difference to anything as far as I could tell. 
  • @Ferengo Some users have reported that version 1.07 increased the processor temperature.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ferengo
    @Ferengo Some users have reported that version 1.07 increased the processor temperature.
    TBH I haven't checked the actual temps. The fans aren't running any faster for me since doing it.
  • corvusthegenius
    @Ferengo Some users have reported that version 1.07 increased the processor temperature.
    yup. they overvolted the CPU by 0.05V. I learned a lesson. Don't buy Acer products. They are *****. Acer never listen to their customers, instead they produce same junks every year.
  • corvusthegenius
    acer released bios 1.08 to remove the positive offset value, but the undervolting are still locked. btw, if the readers r wondering if the bios fixed the fan issue, I dont know the answer.
  • I'm not sure if the new version of the bios, fixes something related to the fan table. However, I found this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BeLIEve
    BeLIEve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

acer released bios 1.08 to remove the positive offset value, but the undervolting are still locked. btw, if the readers r wondering if the bios fixed the fan issue, I dont know the answer.
    Interesting.  I'm going to update my PH315-53 to 1.8 then.  This laptop has been running in the high 80s out of the box and spiking at 94-97C during the weirdest moments, like in a game menu - never during intense gameplay.  This is with a laptop stand with dual fans and a lot of Windows Services being disabled.

I'll post the results a bit later.  I'll take some snapshots of my system specs before and after.
  • SamarthPal
    SamarthPal Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

i have 200mbps plan in airtel fibre connection, in the link u can see that 1st speed test shows low speed and the charger is plugged in, in second test i have unplugged the charger and the speed is skyrocketed what kind of sorcery is this? 
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Cl-IGcPTy9Eh5G1z5CdxMao4GwRNcwC/view?usp=sharing
  • purplearyes
    purplearyes Member Posts: 1 New User

Ferengo can i ask you out of curiosity, how did you come up with the Limiting the CPU frequency idea as to reduce fan noise? It helped me a lot and it was so simple i don't know how come i didn't think of it. Did you read it somewhere? Thanks :)