Is M.2 nvme ssd supported for my Acer Nitro 5 515-51-786L

Options

Answers

• gamelordo
    gamelordo Member Posts: 47

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok yes, i did optimize at everytime i installed magician. But theres no differences to see. And disk defragmentation is disabled.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell me the driver version of the nvme controller? In addition, as you the driver for this controller, it should probably appear on the disks tab, this option to improve performance:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, here the screenshot. It looks bit different as me, when opened, i see "enable write caching on the device" checked. Now i checked " turn off windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device. If i uncheck " enable write caching on the device" then the other " turn off windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device" also automaticilly unchecked. So i think i have to do with checked on both to get same results as u. Screenshot:

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, i benchmarked again after that trick. Same speed results as previous with crystaldiskmark. Unistalled Metro Exodus and installed again, still the same results with very long install. Tested loading of 3dmark, also the same.

It feels like when installing/unpacking/loading/ is very long and booting if i compare with the guy from youtube with 5 seconds boot instead 16 seconds with same laptop but slower cpu/videocard and probaly 8 rams instead 16 i have. But when copy a 6 gb file like: c:\6gbfile\ copy to c:\test\6gbfile\ then its fast, it needs around 5 seconds to read and write onto that new location. Well only this thing it works good.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think the youtube guy could have fast start up enabled in the power options too.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    The youtube video im talking about is this one:

It is a i5-7300hq with 8 gb ddr4 2400 and an gtx 1050ti(but thats not important, just to compare) and mine is i7-7700hq with 16gb ddr4 2400 and also gtx 1050. but his bios version is 1.19 and mine is 1.22. Does different bios versions give different speeds?

Im just wondering why do he have better results than me, even me have better hardware. I think the type cpu and speed does matter, so i went to userbenchmark site to compare, and my cpu have better results then his one. Theres something wrong but i dont know what.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I saw the video and at 13:16, I'm almost sure that it has this function enabled, see:
    Resultado de imagem para fast start up
    Also, enable fast boot in the bios. Take the test and compare the speeds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    Fast boot was enabled all the time but that what u are coming is new to me, didnt saw that, maybe too much computing. Well, i dont see such option to be checked. I go on google how to add this option into my "shut down settings", that would be great improvement.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Open cmd as an administrator and type "powercfg / hibernate on", without quotes. Then enable quick start. However, it is important to note that the quick startup can consume more writing and reading.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, i am not sure if this works. Gave me improvement of 2 seconds? Now its 14 seconds.
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Well anyway, tommorrow i go put the orginal 128gb m2 ssd back in this laptop and install same windows and their drivers. And do some tests to compare with this one.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    it's really really fast. Have you checked these driver versions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Haa that is good one, i will download the same drivers and install in it and do some tests. But i will still use this windows, cuz i am sure its better then previous ones and also one he use, compared with my different windows versions tests before.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I also have the an515-51 model, but with a 512gb nvme sx6000lnp ssd. I did a test here, but just hibernating the computer. When the computer is awake, it reaches speeds similar to that of the author of the video. However, it is really very fast, if it has actually turned off the notebook. He also installed the operating system provided by acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    Ok, maybe hibernation dont working with this version of windows. Well, i dont have such Acer Windows 10 pro cd when i bought this computer second hand. I am now using ReviOS windows 10 Pro 1909 (link provided in previous post somewhere) and i see an improvement from the orginal windows 10. I also tried another cmd command code, like "powercfg /h /type full" and after i see around 650000 bites like that reserved for hibernation. So wanted to test, turned off laptop and started, but no difference and this time i use stopwatch from my phone (before it was telling by my self and seems i werent right) and see its 19 seconds in total. Well ok, after reading about hibernation. Its like computer is still on, i think will use battery also with hibernation on state. I am ok with hibernation off (becauze if that guy do that without hibernation, then theres really something wrong with one of the combination) , but i want to know: do i get the speed/overall performance with this combination laptop/nvme and also for my money off course. I just bought this laptop and that nvme ssd after asking it here first before i bought it. Seems theres not so much acer nitro 5 515-51 with this combination to compare. So have to do all by my self, well its nice for others if they want to know about this.

Tommorrow i will put the orginal M2 128gb ssd disk back and install with same windows/programs/drivers (not the samsung drivers offcourse) and then i go compare with this state. Then i will know if im happy or not with the bought of new samsung 970pro ssd.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The strange thing is that the command powercfg, should also enable hibernation. Have you ever updated the drivers for intel and nvidia graphics cards? Then run the command powercfg.exe /hibernate on again

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, its with newest gpu and intel drivers. Also tried that command, but same results as hibernate off.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I did another test again, but this time disabling non-essential services and clicking hide microsoft services here:

Then I selected the high performance mode and enabled the fast start up:

After making these changes, I achieved speeds similar to that of the video user.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    Well, at second screenshot, when i choose for high performance mode or Revision Extreme Performance, i dont get such option to check fast start up. I think persons of Revision removed hibernate function or something like that to make less resources or something like that. They build this os pure for gaming i see, becauze i got improvement from orginal windows 10 pro and this Revision OS in 3dmark and a big one. went from 18.600 to 19.500. Well, i will have to do with this way of starting up my laptop and its not a big problem. But for me is overall performance more important like doing things in Windows 10, specially in installing and loading of apps/games. I know from the past, i had 7300 rpm hdd disk and went to ssd, 140 to 550 mb and saw big improvement and from this orginal 128gbm2 disk to this one dont see so big improvement. I think the orginal 128 m2 have write/read around 1000mb, isnt? Well if so, then i should see 3 x better improvement then previous. Well, tommorrow with good daylight i go put the orginal back and make some benches and tests.
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    And now i see this:

I am new to nvme ssd drives, i just expected muuch more improvement but seems its normal that not everywhere an big improvement. If i knew this, then i would not buy a pro but a samsung 970 evo instead. Big difference in price.

But still, i will bench/test also the orginal 128gb m2 disk tommorrow. And maybe we can install something big file into our nvme disk to compare? Because we have almost same laptop, isnt?