Is M.2 nvme ssd supported for my Acer Nitro 5 515-51-786L

gamelordo
gamelordo Member Posts: 47

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

Becouse its confusing about yes or not supported for my laptop and i dont want have a wrong buy with a new M2 nvme pcie disk. I want to buy 500GB and would be pleased with max speed that this laptop can support. Does it support x4 lanes?

I want to buy this one:

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

SSD-formatM.2 80mm
SSD-interfacePCI Express 3.0 x4
SSD-connectorM.2
Cache

Cache

512MB
SSD-type3d v-nand (TLC)

Do i can profit of the full speed of this drive? I saw someone did for acer nitro 5 515-51 but i am not sure, maybe mispelled or its for another 515-51-XXX.

Answers

• Yes, this model supports both 512gb sata 3 and nvme gen3x4 without problems. See this video too:
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

Great! Thanks for fast answer! Gonna buy a nice 512 gb of it, cheers
  • gamelordo

Tinkerer

Another question, hopefully i can ask it also here. Becouse its not about ssd but about ram memory. I see at crucial website about this one:

Would be great boosts, from 2400 to 3200. Just want also to be sure, would this one works flawlessly with this laptop? Or u prefer other better one, like such ones with heatsink on it?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    gamelordo said:
    Another question, hopefully i can ask it also here. Becouse its not about ssd but about ram memory. I see at crucial website about this one:

Would be great boosts, from 2400 to 3200. Just want also to be sure, would this one works flawlessly with this laptop? Or u prefer other better one, like such ones with heatsink on it?

Pointless investment, it would work but your model only supports 2133/2400 so it will run at the lower speed so 2400mhz is the best buy. The table below is directly from your service manual

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Ha i see, very thanks u warned me about this. Otherwise i spend more money for nothing, but i had also check the manual but i dont have that paper. Bought this laptop second hand this week and im happy with. Ofc had also can check online manual, still thanks anyways!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    gamelordo said:
    Ha i see, very thanks u warned me about this. Otherwise i spend more money for nothing, but i had also check the manual but i dont have that paper. Bought this laptop second hand this week and im happy with. Ofc had also can check online manual, still thanks anyways!

The above table is from the Service Manual which is not available to the user, it is the manual used for Tech repair. I believe I have answered your question so please click YES

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Just run the crucial tool from the link I sent.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

There i dont see such an crucial tool.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Same results as the link u provided earlier. I am now wise about what i need, thanks for the advice! Cheers
  • OK! Post the result here and accept the answers that helped you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Hello again,

Well, i recently bought an Samsung 970 PRO 512GB ssd and today i installed it. But seems it doesnt work??

when i am in bios (version 1.22) i see the samsung ssd in the list at "information" section. And its enabled. I can install windows 10 through usb disk i have, after its installed then it doesnt load the windows 10, will get error as this: Bootable device not found.

So i tried to do install "legacy" way instead uefi ( cuz i remember it fixed lots problems in the past, maybe should work), but at this way i cant even install windows 10.

What is the problem here? I got told above that its supported? I know that my question was about samsung 970 evo. Not the Plus or Pro, but it should must work, isnt?

• Yes, it is supported. I think there may be a configuration problem. Try following the tip of this video:
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Well i did same way, but instead fresh copy of windows 10 pro. attached screenshots of the progress:

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

at first picture, i hided the product information. Becouse i saw on youtube about installing samsung 970 evo and he hided such information, so i think its for the thieves that cant copy the information for stolen laptops. But it is an acer nitro 5 515-51-786L like mentioned at subject.
  • In the second photo, secureboot is gray and that means it is enabled. Try disabling secureboot, creating a password on setsupervisorpassword and then posting the result.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Ok, i did again reinstall but with secureboot disabled. Deleted old partition with previous installation of windows 10. Installation works, it finish complety and after restart get this error. pictures:

• gamelordo

Tinkerer

Exuse me, at 9th post of me. 5th picture is wrong, i installed windows with removed 1tb orginal hdd drive, same as now. theres only the samsung.
  • ?
    egydiocoelho said: In the second photo, secureboot is gray and that means it is enabled. Try disabling secureboot, creating a password on setsupervisorpassword and then posting the result.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer