Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-013 How to do a clean install from a USB disk drive

124»

Answers

• Gamaliel14
    Gamaliel14 Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    When you get to the point in the Windows install where it asks you where to do the install, you can manually delete all partitions on the drive, then select the whole disk's unallocated space for the install. The installer will then create all needed partitions and give you the largest C: drive possible with your system.
    But the lap said "no bootable device" so i can do anything, i have a bootable usb but the laptop does not recognize the usb or otg, i went into bios and change device boot but still same
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Do you have both the boot menu enabled and secure boot disabled in the BIOS? You need both of those settings, then you use F12 with the install flash drive plugged in to get to it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gamaliel14
    Gamaliel14 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have both boots disable, do u have the ios compatible to install it? Now im trying to intall windows but it say it is no compatible

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

The SW3-013 supports the original Windows 8.1 and many people have also installed and run Windows 10 without issues. You do need to use the 32bit versions, and Windows 11 will not work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.