Swift 3 won't turn on

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,486 Trailblazer
    Options

Open ControlPanel. Click programs. Uninstall any non-Microsoft virus scanners that you find like McAfee, Norton, AVG, etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Capitanissa
    Capitanissa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    First try pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Let go. Then momentarily press it again try to turn it back on.

If no joy, look at the bottom case. See if you can find a pinhole with a battery symbol next to it. Gently press a paperclip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the thing rest for about 15 mins. Then try to turn it back on again.

If still no joy, your Mom simply got a lemon, not a POS or a cutting board. Return it to the vendor/seller for a refund or exchange ASAP.

Jack E/NJ 
    THIS DID THE TRICK, 30 seconds pressing through the pinhole was necessary, less did not work.   Thank you so much, saved me! I am out in the boonies where getting a computer fixed is a bit of a problem. My ACER swift has had this problem before, not sure how I got around it last time.   I am no computer person but usually I am able to research the problem and find an answer, people like you Jack E/NJ are lifesavers!
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for report on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Greenh
    Greenh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop stopped working after almost one year using it, warranty won't work because it has a crack on the back panel ,which happened when I traveled long time ago but since then I was using it with no problems, this week suddenly it stopped to work😨🥺 it won't turn on and the lights when I charge it, also doesn't work does anyone can know where I can fix it even for some $
  • JackE
    Options
    http://brooklynphonelaptoprepair.com/ seems to have a good reputation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dumsterdave
    Dumsterdave Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. The laptop turns on, but the s reen stays black. I can connect it to an hdmi cable and then the display is shown on the projector only. I've tried to duplicate the screen and it still does work on the laptop. I had this same problem about 5 months ago ND had to send it to Acer for repairs. It came back working, but now I have the same problem. I bought the laptop 12 1/2 months ago. Am I out of warranty or does the warranty reset itself? I'm in the middle of writing my masters thesis and I need a laptop
  • JackE
    Options
    Try turning the screen on with the FN+F6 toggle key combo. If it doesn't work, you probably need to replace the LCD cable from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much.  New cables are less than about $25. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• saibharath
    saibharath Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    sir,when ever i want to turn on my swift3 marvel laptop(red),its not getting turn on immediately .to turn it on i have to press so many times.and it is time taking tooo...so please suggest to fix this problem permanently.

• JackE
    Options

This thread is over two years old. Please start you own new thread by pressing ask a question button for better attention to your problem.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi saibharath,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• CathyF
    CathyF Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Help!  I have an Acer Swift 1.  I am having the problem that seems to be very common:  My laptop screen is black/blank.  The blue light on the side of the laptop is on.  I have tried every potential solution mentioned over the last 2 days.  I have watched more you-tube videos than I care to admit.  I have powered off.  I have disconnected power/powered off.  I have pressed power on button for 30 seconds.  I have tried the reset using the battery reset pinhole on the back of the laptop.  The only thing I have not tried is to open the laptop (by removing the 9 holes on the back of the laptop) and disconnecting the battery.  I don't have the star-shaped screwdriver or anything similar to even attempt to remove those screws.  Any other suggestions?  Please help.  (I am currently traveling and don't have access to my local/usual computer support.)  Thank you.  
  • JackE
    Options

Unplug the charger. There should be no blue or orange LEDs lit up anywhere on the machine after the charger is unplugged. If there is, press and hold the power button till there is no LEDs lit up. The do the pinhole trick again with a paper clip for 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in but don't try to turn the machine on till one of the LEDs lights up from solid orange to solid blue. This may take several hours. Once it turns blue, then try to turn it on again. 

Jack E/NJ

• Ganeshkharche12
    Ganeshkharche12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have acer Swift 3 Core i5 SF313-51-506P laptop since two years and I am facing one issue with this laptop in rainy season only.
    It is not getting turning on whenever I want to start it. This problem occurs only in rainy days last year also I had the same issue. 
    After too many attempts  it got started in sometime or in a day or two but still I didn't have any idea about this issue.
    can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?
    now since morning I am having same issue it is not turning on 
    please suggest.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, you must either disassemble the laptop to re-seat all connectors to the mainboard to help clean the contacts or temporarily store the machine inside a sealed plastic bag with calcium chloride dehumidifying pellets or similar desiccant when you're not using it. A room dehumidifier should work too.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, what is likely happening is that when you turn it off and the laptop cools down, condensation forms on the surfaces inside the machine. The presence of that moisture allows for corrosion to start, giving weaker connection to the cables. Removing and reinstalling a cable usually helps wipe that corrosion off, which fixes the problem, for a while. There's no real long term solution other than cleaning the connections periodically, since it's weather related... A dehumidifier in the room might help keep it from happening as often.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SJBrock
    SJBrock Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-57.  I bought it a little over a month ago from Staples.  It I started using it at the end of August.  It worked great for a week and then did this whole won't turn on thing.  I followed the instructions and the battery pinhole reset button worked.  Then after another week, the same thing and have to use the pinhole.  Staples wouldn't take it back because it was over 2 weeks and I didn't buy their warranty - that is b.s. to me.  So I went to Acer.  Told them the problem they told me to send it in.  Of course I wanted to make sure I took everything off of it and therefore had to reset the pinhole to do so.  I sent it to them with an explanation that I had reset it and that it keeps doing this.  They send it back and said they checked everything and it kept turning on and all systems and tests are passing.  Of course this happens after about a week each time and they didn't have it for a week.  So sure enough it is doing it again.  Is this what I have to live with for a brand new computer - to keep having to reset it every week when it stops turning on?  This is ridiculous - what a piece of *****!
  • JackE
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search button. Click change what the power buttons do in left pane. Click change setting that are currently unavailable. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast  startup.

Jack E/NJ

• SJBrock
    Options
    Thanks JackE - I will let you know if it works.  Sometimes it takes a couple of days for it to happen.  And just did again this evening when I came back from being away and had to do the pinhole thing again for the second time.  So won't know for a day or two I guess.
  • SJBrock
    Options
    By the way JackE - why can't I have fast start-up - is this an ACER fault in their computer?
  • JackE
    Options
    The Microsoft fast startup software is buggy. 

Jack E/NJ