Swift 3 won't turn on

Options

Answers

• mattee24
    mattee24 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Not literally open, what I meant is "turn on". But it is now okay, the screen is fine. I did the pinhole thing multiple times. But now when I shut it down, it would turn off but after few seconds turn on again (just like Restart). Thank you for the fast response.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    mattee24 OK. Good. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SPARLEE
    SPARLEE Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
     SF314-52-53AX Will not turn on at all.  The cord sparked.  I have files on here that I absolutely need by next week.  Willing to buy another laptop but need to know if I can get the data from the hard drive.
  • JackE
    Options
    Remove HDD. Connect it to a USB port on another machine with a HDD-to-USB adapter cable. https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-SATA-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84  Should be able to read and copy the files onto the other machine.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DeDee
    DeDee Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    Options
    dano5342 said:
    So I've got this issue as well. I have a bit of a problem though, my Misses and I share the laptop for work reasons and both have projects on there that we need access to. Is there a way I can salvage this stuff? 

I've also tried to battery pin repair method, its not working for me so I think I'm going to have to return it or pay for a repairman (especially now as im no longer based in the UK)
    Do you ever find a way to fix it? I have tried the reset and nothing. Hooked up HDMI to tv and says no signal however the power light on the side shows it on. 
  • Xi
    Xi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Now I see those recurring comments & mine comes on top as well! Same problem! Just bought a new acer swift, we used it for the first time this morning & now it ***** down by itself with turning on again although the battery was at 50%.
    tried the pin hole, didn’t work! This is my second one with the same problem! I just returned the first one because of the same problem & they told me it was the motherboard so they sent me another one with the same problem again! Anyone can help?
  • JackE
    Options
    Take it back to the vendor and ask for a refund. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dennisslho
    dennisslho Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My Swift 3 won't turn on either. Used to be able to keep it from sleeping and never turning off. Somehow laptop shut itself off and all the pinhole and other methods can't help me turn it back on. Such a bad product!
  • Bezzer592
    Bezzer592 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Acer swift 3 is a complete pile of garbage. With in 3 months of having it key board malfunctioned and after about 6-7 months battery problems. Acer cons you the min to buy there product buy using third party to sell there product so Acer can not assume responsibility directly in exchanging it for a new one. They force you to send the product to them on your own dollar and wait for a month for them to install more faulty parts until your one year warranty is over. It’s a scam and they need to stop ripping people off. 
  • TheeTopdog124
    TheeTopdog124 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sooo im having the same issue. My laptop isnt turning on (the monitor isnt turning on and nor, nor are the keys on the keyboard lighting up). But, the orange led on the side turns on when i plug the charger in, and there is a noise inside of the laptop as well (when plugged in). I tried pressing the button in the pinhole several times as well as just pressing the power button, but nothing seems to work.

• TheeTopdog124
    TheeTopdog124 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    *update* the light is now blue
  • JackE
    Options
    Take it back to the vendor and ask for a refund or arrange for warranty repair. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• c_mike
    c_mike Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ORIGINAL
    Hola a todos
    El laptop tiene que estar cargado x lo menos un poco. Desenchufen la alimentación externa.
    Ahora deben abrir el laptop, desconectar la batería y presionar el "pinhole button" por 5 segundos. Ahora desconecte la pila de 3V (retire el conector) y presione el "pinhole button" 5s nuevamente.
    Vuelva a conectar la batería, presione el "pinhole button" 5s nuevamente y para terminar, vuelva a conectar la pila de 3V y presione el "pinhole button" 5s.
    Presione el botón de encendido y cuán maravilloso se enciende la compu nuevamente (¡es una resurrección! ¡Jeje!)
    Have a nice day 

TRANSLATED

Hello everyone

The laptop has to be charged x at least a little. Unplug the external power.

Now they must open the laptop, disconnect the battery and press the "pinhole button" for 5 seconds. Now disconnect the 3V battery (remove the connector) and press the "pinhole button" 5s again.

Reconnect the battery, press the "pinhole button" 5s again and to finish, reconnect the 3V battery and press the "pinhole button" 5s.

Press the power button and how wonderful the computer turns on again (it's a resurrection! Hehe!)

Have a nice day

Edited the content by translating from Spanish to English

Acer-Samuel

• Becky17
    Becky17 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just wanted to thank JackE. You just saved me from my black screen meltdown in the middle of the night. Whew. Easy fix, thank goodness. Many thanks!
  • Vbvarga
    Vbvarga Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem was here. I just signed up here to say thank you very much to JackE!! You are a legend, safed my life. Pressed the pinhole for 30 sec then waiting 15 min. Then I have put my laptop on charger and turned on. Easy fix, thanks again!! 
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats to those where the pinhole reset trick worked. For those where it didn't work, either quickly return it to the vendor for a refund/exchange or arrange for ACER service if still under warranty. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Tamtom2901
    Tamtom2901 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I was having the exact same problem after only having my laptop for a month and am so relieved the paper clip trick worked!  So grateful - thank you.  TammyT/ON
  • Lorrie0224
    Lorrie0224 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I'm experiencing a problem now, please help...
    My swift 3 won't show anything in the monitor.  The color blue power light on the side is on... I tried pressing the power button once and twice, but still didn't work...
  • JackE
    Options
    Press &hold power button for 5-10 seconds or till the laptop shuts completely off with no blue light. Wait a minute or so. Then press the power button again once to try to turn the laptop on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PhilSwift3
    PhilSwift3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My Acer Swift 3 is brandnew and just using it for months, it became slow and most of the times hang. I don't have any games or anything in my laptop just documents and files for my work, but still slow! Why??? And now it hangs again.