Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 won't turn on

My mom just turned on her BRAND new Acer Swift 3 then went to the kitchen for a drink and came back to a black screen. Now the POS won't even turn on. I would take the battery out but it has some weird Star shaped screws that are perfectly sized to fit neither my regular screwdrivers nor my micro screw drivers. 

Is there a solution to this or did my mom just buy a very fancy cutting board?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 13,502ACE Trailblazer
    First try pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Let go. Then momentarliy press it again try to turn it back on.

If no joy, look at the bottom case. See if you can find a pinhole with a battery symbol next to it. Gently press a paperclip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the thing rest for about 15 mins. Then try to turn it back on again.

If still no joy, your Mom simply got a lemon, not a POS or a cutting board. Return it to the vendor/seller for a refund or exchange ASAP.

Jack E/NJ 
  • DougFRDougFR Posts: 2Member New User
    I've just experienced this issue of not powering up and thankfully the pin in the battery pinhole worked and I'm back on.  
    I note the same issue occurring at least as far back as 2016.  
    Does anyone have a permanent fix?  

Hiccups happen now & then. A battery reset will often fix the hiccup till the next one. :) :'(   Jack E/Nj
  • angelamkaysangelamkays Posts: 1Member New User
    I bought a swift from Office Depot and flew out of the country a week later. Everything was fine but twice now it turned off and won’t turn back on. This time it seems nothing I do is working. If anyone has a fix please let me know!
    angelamkays Remove the charger. Check for a battery reset pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. Gently insert a paperclip for about 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the machine rest for about 15 mins. Then  plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on.

• TheWriteGuyTheWriteGuy Posts: 1Member New User
    edited February 20
    Hello. I have the same problem. I did the turn-off-hold-power-button thing and the pin battery reset. Nothing happened. Is there another solution? 
    TheWriteGuy
    Return it to the seller ASAP as defective for an exchange or refund. Jack E/NJ
  • AliiiiseAliiiise Posts: 1Member New User
    JackE said:
    First try pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds. Let go. Then momentarliy press it again try to turn it back on.

If no joy, look at the bottom case. See if you can find a pinhole with a battery symbol next to it. Gently press a paperclip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the thing rest for about 15 mins. Then try to turn it back on again.

If still no joy, your Mom simply got a lemon, not a POS or a cutting board. Return it to the vendor/seller for a refund or exchange ASAP.

Jack E/NJ 
    This really helped me! My acer swift 3 which is new would not turn on, even with the pinhole button, but when i tried to wait a bit after i pushed the pinhole button and then push it again it worked.
    JackE said:
    angelamkays Remove the charger. Check for a battery reset pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. Gently insert a paperclip for about 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Let the machine rest for about 15 mins. Then  plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on.