Wifi turning off automatically in my acer nitro 5 AN515-42 (ryzen) laptop.

Answers

• knurveren
    knurveren Member Posts: 27

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, same problem is going on. Home or Pro OS is does not matter. I will try now your advise. And I will use driverpack. I come back to result.
  • knurveren

Tinkerer

Same. Problem is going on. I think, I will give notebook back. 
  • OK! Try these two options:
    a) put the adapter in maximum performance in the power options;
    b) go to the device manager and deactivate the power saving;

Try this:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bilgin
    Bilgin Member Posts: 1 New User
    aadi05 said:
    So i bought this laptop 1 month ago and from the start i've been facing this issue of wifi shutting down automatically after few minutes or so and when i try to reconnect it, laptop doesnt show any available networks until i restart my router manually. When this happens not only my laptop disconnects but all devices connected to the router all start facing the same issue.This happens only when i connect my laptop to the wifi.
    I've tried changing few network adapter settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver again and even reinstalling windows.Nothing worked.The issue still persists.
    Please help me with this problem. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
    I bought this computer a week ago.
    I ran into the same problem.
    After some research and trials;
    I was using windows 10 pro.
    I installed windows 10 home single language but did not install wifi driver. No problem now.

• rogacz
    rogacz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

This is problem is from windows 1809. Other laptop producer to have that trouble.
  • knurveren

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Hi guys. I had sent the notebook to the producer but they sent me again since there was no problem :) I see that dont update wireless driver via Windows Update. Use the wireless driver on the Acer support web page (xxx.457). And I saw anothet thing in the another forum:
    go to start menu and type cmd then right click on it and choose run as admin and type
    "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" and press enter. then type "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" and enter.
    That's OK. If you want to reenabe it:
    Just type "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow"
  • Glad you solved your problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • knurveren

Tinkerer

This commands will uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adaptors from the Device Manager which is the reason why wireless connection is dropping. PS: Don't forget restart computer after type commands without quotes.
  • knurveren

Tinkerer

Glad you solved your problem!
    Thank you.
  • knurveren

Tinkerer

Bilgin said:
    aadi05 said:
    So i bought this laptop 1 month ago and from the start i've been facing this issue of wifi shutting down automatically after few minutes or so and when i try to reconnect it, laptop doesnt show any available networks until i restart my router manually. When this happens not only my laptop disconnects but all devices connected to the router all start facing the same issue.This happens only when i connect my laptop to the wifi.
    I've tried changing few network adapter settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the wifi driver again and even reinstalling windows.Nothing worked.The issue still persists.
    Please help me with this problem. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
    I bought this computer a week ago.
    I ran into the same problem.
    After some research and trials;
    I was using windows 10 pro.
    I installed windows 10 home single language but did not install wifi driver. No problem now.
    I want to use Windows 10 Professional. And now,  I am using it. 
  • I wonder if version 1.13 of bios fixes the problem with the an515-42's backlight keyboard or will it also limit the light to thirty seconds with the notebook connected to the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Griisu
    Griisu Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

bios 1.13 adds an option to bios to disable back light timer. So you can choose to have it on (or disable it with fn+f9) or keep the default 30s timer.
  • Thank you my friend for answer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    knurveren said:
    This commands will uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adaptors from the Device Manager which is the reason why wireless connection is dropping. PS: Don't forget restart computer after type commands without quotes.
    Problem is still going on because of Windows Update updates it. ***** it!
  • What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

Absolutely dont update it. Use 12.0.0.457 version which presents Acer's drivers menu.
  • Can you tell me the idhardware of the wireless network card and also tell the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

What is the version bios?
  • Can you tell me the idhardware of the wireless network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Type the idhardware here

egydiocoelho Trailblazer