Wifi turning off automatically in my acer nitro 5 AN515-42 (ryzen) laptop.

Answers

• quixy
    quixy Member Posts: 1 New User
    its day 2 of my laptop and problem like this are revealing
  • zerot
    zerot Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just bought this from best buy yesterday and it's currently happening! Any fix yet? I dont want to have to open up my brand new laptop just to put in a different wireless card..
  • aman04
    aman04 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am also facing similar issue in my new laptop. It will happen randomly. Sometime it will work fine for hours otherwise every now and then i have to restart my router to reconnect my laptop. Installed latest drivers still its not resolved. Please tell some solution. Its very disappointing to get such issue in my brand new laptop.
  • aadi05
    aadi05 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Guys, Acer's customer service is so trash that he literally told me that we dont have any complaints regarding this issue and it must be my router's fault and when i said no i've checked it with my friends router and it is still happening then he told me to setup another router for him so he could watch for himself and believe. Dude like really.
  • aadi05Can you tell if the Acer technician has updated the bios of your notebook to solve the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aadi05
    yes , he did update the bios.
    @egydiocoelho
  • So it's possible that the bios update solved the problem, correct?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Use driver booster free to update WiFi driver automatically. Have no problems with wifi.
  • aadi05
    @egydiocoelho No , updating bios didnt solve my issue.and for the update, my issue is back again.

• Have you tried upgrading the drivers using the free driverbooster version as reported by the colleague @C3lv1c3https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aman04
    aman04 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Guys, try doing this. It worked for me.
    Disable WMM(QOS) in router settings, you may have to look under Wireless settings, Advanced settings.
    No more wifi getting killed after i disabled WMM.  =) 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    In the Device Manager > Ethernet Adapters > (Your Wireless Adapter) > Right-click "Properties" > 'Advanced' Tab > ...

Here you should find some settings that control your Wireless Roaming Aggressiveness, signal preference, etc. Sometimes changing these settings can improve the signal your laptop receives.

If you're using the connection and it suddenly drops/no internet, but you can still see other wireless connections in your local area it's likely your router and not the laptop. It's also possible for your router to drop only the 5GHz signal and keep the other 2.4GHz online. Mine does this, and I will experience internet loss on laptop (5GHz) while my phone still has internet from the same router (2.4GHz). In short, it is very likely a router or ISP problem when it comes to internet connections.
  • knurveren
    knurveren Member Posts: 27

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    I have did the latest bios update from Acer support. I bought the notebook 1 week ago and installed W10 x64 OS. All drivers were installed without problem. But Wifi connection frequently drops from the router. My all other devices can be set up connection with the router. I think that there is a problem with driver. I tried all solutions but no success. So I tried to install Ubuntu 18.10 but again no success. Linux is not installing. It gives the errors about something like CPU numbers etc. I am waiting an update for solution from Acer. 
  • Have you tried using the driverpack or driverbooster program to update the drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Don't use Windows 10 Pro. Use Windows 10 Home Edition. There is no problem then. It is interesting. Acer service told me in Turkey.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    @knurveren! Have you tried upgrading the drivers with the driverpack? https://drp.su/en

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

Please write English I dont understand you.
  • knurveren disse:
    Please write English I dont understand you.
    @knurveren! Have you tried upgrading the drivers with the driverpack? https://drp.su/en

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• knurveren

Tinkerer

I did not use driverpack solution. Do you?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    You can use the driverpack or copy the idhardware from your wireless network card to us:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer