weird beep sound -Aspire 5 A517-51G-55G9

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,159 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Although I consider it not a problem on the notebook speakers, but as you reported that the beep appeared soon after watching there is a video, turn off the sound card as soon as the beep appears!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @Bobgraton200

Since, this is a continuity issue, I would recommend you contact acer technical support and get warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Bobgraton200
    Bobgraton200 Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Rudy21 said:
    @Bobgraton200

Since, this is a continuity issue, I would recommend you contact acer technical support and get warranty help.
    yeah, probably what i am gonna do when I need less my computer.

But weirdly, it is doing it less since when I write on this forumé
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>Did you try to use it at work or someplace else?  Jack E/NJ>>>I did not because I don't have a proper bag for a 17 inch laptop... I just tried in different room in my house.>>>

Before you contact technical support and send your machine to be checked out, I suggest that you at least try this laptop in another location other than your house. You seem to have an intermittent interference from a local source near your house. I don't understand what you mean by a "proper bag" for your laptop?  Put it in a pillow case or a canvas shopping bag or blanket if you're worried about getting it dirty or damaged. I've been carrying around my big 17" HP laptop like a book from home to work and other people's homes for 7 years with no mishaps. Is there a reason you cannot do this too? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    Although I consider it not a problem on the notebook speakers, but as you reported that the beep appeared soon after watching there is a video, turn off the sound card as soon as the beep appears!
    It did not work neither
  • Bobgraton200
    Hey guys,
    if it is a driver, something in device manager or something like that, it should appear in the windows event viewer? I guess it should be under Windows Logs, under System. But there is nothing weird there :angry:

• JackE
    Have you found a suitable bag yet to carry and test your laptop someplace other than inside your house? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Please! Test your notebook in another location, following the tip of @JackE colleague, because this way we could rule out the problem of interference that may be occurring in your residence!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bobgraton200
    I did it today, I tested my laptop in a library and it did it too. I also tried with 2 differents charger! So it is not somme kind of interference.  And since my wife got almost identical the same laptop, it should be affected too if it was interference.

By the way, it is hard for me to bring my laptop in other place because: first, I don't have a car, so I have to walk. Two, it is almost always snowing or raining where i am, so without a good bag I don't want to try to bring my laptop. Yeah there is some way, but I don't want my computer to get wet, espescialy when I have to send it for warranty..
  • Did the notebook also have the same problem in the library? Usually beeps manifest when there is a hardware problem! Does your notebook show some kind of instability, even making that noise?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bobgraton200
    Did the notebook also have the same problem in the library? Usually beeps manifest when there is a hardware problem! Does your notebook show some kind of instability, even making that noise?
    yes it did. And since a library is very silent it was very easy to hear it!
    There is no instability sign, everything work. But the beeps is so anoying! Nothing in the Windows event viewer.
    I also used HWMonitor to monitor the computer and nothing weird with the voltage.
  • JackE
    >>>And since a library is very silent it was very easy to hear it!>>>

Well, that's easy for you to say. Doesn't make any difference how quiet it is with my tinnitus, I still wouldn't be able to hear it. :s

Another possibility. Are you carrying or wearing any kind of electronic device (like a mobile phone, watch, fitness tracker, medical instrument etc)?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    JackE said:
    >>>And since a library is very silent it was very easy to hear it!>>>

Well, that's easy for you to say. Doesn't make any difference how quiet it is with my tinnitus, I still wouldn't be able to hear it. :s

Another possibility. Are you carrying or wearing any kind of electronic device (like a mobile phone, watch, fitness tracker, medical instrument etc)?

Jack E/NJ
    I have a mobile phone, but I don't always have it on me or near my computer. Anyway it is rare nowadays to find a place without a person with a phone. And it should not affect any computer (not mine than another one)
  • JackE
    Au contraire. If the phone gets close enough, frequency harmonics can happen especially if your machine's receiver is sensitive enough. The main 3G and 4G phone bands are in the same frequency range as the BT and wifi transceivers in laptops. I'm not saying it's the cause but a possibility if BT & wifi are not disabled on your machine. The beep intermittancy & randomness seems suspicious to me that's why I mention it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Bobgraton200,

We are very sorry to hear that your having issues with you Acer unit, please contact your local Acer support center for better assistance and so an Acer technician can diagnose the unit at the nearest repair center:

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact
    Chat: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

I hope this gets resolve soon,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Bobgraton200
    Hi Bobgraton200,

We are very sorry to hear that your having issues with you Acer unit, please contact your local Acer support center for better assistance and so an Acer technician can diagnose the unit at the nearest repair center:

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact
    Chat: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

I hope this gets resolve soon,
    Acer-Manny 
    I probably have to send my laptop, but the Acer support center is 800 km away. And since acer does not include the shipping in the warranty I have to paid a high price to send the computer :'(
  • JackE
    OK. Before you make your decision, try two simple things. First, the simplest. Open Control Panel. Search power plan. On the left select change what the power buttons do. Then click on change settings that currently aren't available. Scroll down the list and uncheck turn on fast boot to disable fast boot. Then shutdown. Turn it on again for a slow cold boot. If it fixes the problem, probably best to leave it in cold boot mode.  If it doesn't fix it, report back for the next simplest thing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited December 2018
    JackE said:
    OK. Before you make your decision, try two simple things. First, the simplest. Open Control Panel. Search power plan. On the left select change what the power buttons do. Then click on change settings that currently aren't available. Scroll down the list and uncheck turn on fast boot to disable fast boot. Then shutdown. Turn it on again for a slow cold boot. If it fixes the problem, probably best to leave it in cold boot mode.  If it doesn't fix it, report back for the next simplest thing. Jack E/NJ
    It did not work. 
    Do you think the problem could be from the SSD? I used my computer while booting on the HDD all week and there were no beeping. But as soon as I booted on the SSD the beeping started (by the way I did not close the computer, I just put the computer on sleep mode to keep the computer awake since the beeping do not usualy start when the computer boot up, I need to wait ). Also, does cloning the HDD to the SSD could cause this kind of problem?
  • I do not think ssd is in trouble, because if it was in trouble, this problem would manifest itself in the boot! Cloning also does not cause any kind of beep!
    What version of bios is currently installed on your notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    >>>>t did not work. >>>(by the way I did not close the computer, I just put the computer on sleep mode to keep the computer awake since the beeping do not usualy start when the computer boot up, I need to wait )>>>Also, does cloning the HDD to the SSD could cause this kind of problem?>>>

If you did not close and completely power off the computer then my suggestion was NOT tested to work or not work. Also, you are just now bringing up an SSD cloning issue that I didn't realize you had done. Did you install this SSD yourself? If it was factory-installed Windows likely would've been set up to boot from the SSD, not the HDD.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ