weird beep sound -Aspire 5 A517-51G-55G9

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,762 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    >>>It started like one month ago>>>
    >>>I got the last version. 1809>>>

1809 was released Oct 2nd. Check Control Panel for a restore point around that date. Do it quick before it disappears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    Bobgraton200 Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @egydiocoelho now I hear 4-2-2-1 on this videos at 46 secondes and at 1:52 ~1:53 I am not sure what I hear.
    @JackE You can try too, enven with your tinnitus hiss.  :p 

It seem like it changes sometime :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exA1EMTFRII&t=

I took out my secondary HDD to be sure it is not that and the other day  I tried without the RAM.
  • If your colleague JackE's tip does not work, try restoring the notebook to factory defaults! From this we can rule out a hardware problem or not! To do this, we recommend that you back up your personal files and then restart the notebook! Stay by pressing the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Sorry, I still hear nothing but my hiss and a few occasional background noises from moving phone or chairs. I still think you're picking up some kind of rf noise signal thru the AC mains. Do you live in an apartment complex or near factory? Can you try this plugged in at another location, maybe at work or a neighbors, before trying to apply a restore point or resetting the machine to factory fresh? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited November 2018
    I'll try @JackE and his restoration point. After that if it does not work I'll try restauring the computer like you said @egydiocoelho .

I'll do it this weekend, I need time to do the back up and/or a system image.

• I think colleague @JackE might be correct! Test the notebook in another environment or residence and check the problem! Are you connecting the notebook to any stabilizer or no-break?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bobgraton200
    Hey
    Before going to a restor point or restoring to factory, should I try to boot on linux from a USB?
  • JackE
    Sure why not. You could also boot into safe mode. You could also try to disable the wireless and bluetooth adapters in Device Mgr so they can't pick up anything. There are probably a bunch of other things you could try before a restore or reset.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited November 2018
    I think colleague @JackE might be correct! Test the notebook in another environment or residence and check the problem! Are you connecting the notebook to any stabilizer or no-break?

I will bring my computer to another place tomorrow to try what @JackE said. But I don't think it is that, my computer is straight into the wall, in a normal 3 pins plug (with the original 3 pins power adapter that came with).

But we never know before trying!

Rsultats de recherche dimages pour prise de courant canada
  • Bobgraton200
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys,

If I use my computer in safe mode  (with an ethernet cable) and I don't hear any sound. does this mean that it is an hardware problem?
    I plan on using my laptop in safe mode for this weekend if it could help find the culprit.
  • JackE
    I'm gonna guess your wifi and bluetooth card have been disabled in safe mode. Since you're not using wifi, you could try disabling Device Manager's wifi card in normal mode too to see if it goes away. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• You can access the internet in safe mode too! Do the same test indicated by @JackE colleague also in safe mode by selecting the network option:

Make sure the beep stays on when Wi-Fi is off and on in safe mode! If the problem does not remain in safe mode, try disabling bluetooth in normal mode as indicated in the tip of colleague JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Sorry, I misread the post and thought you already tried safe mode and didn't hear the beeps. Carry on. :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    hello again,

I still did not try in safe mode, but I tried other thing.

First, today I worked on my laptop all day long with no beeping ( I changed the place of my power adapter to check if it wat that). I was reading pdf and writing on word office etc. Nothing something realy hard for the computer. But as soon that I started watching a video, the beeping started and continued while doing other stuff! So i tried to disable the wireless, bluetooth adapters in device manager, even my graphics cards (both intel and NVIDA) and I still got somme beeping while using the laptop.

I am starting to desesperate :(
  • JackE
    Get off the wired ethernet cable and try wireless connection instead. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    JackE said:
    Get off the wired ethernet cable and try wireless connection instead. Jack E/NJ
    already tried :(
    when the beeping sound started today, I tried different combination.  In the device manager I deactivate the wirless, still beeping. so afther that I started using the wifi  and stop using the ethernet cable, but still beeping :(
  • JackE
    Did you try to use it at work or someplace else?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• You said the beep started when watching a video, correct? If this is the case, although you do not think this is the problem, disable the realtek and intel sound card and see if the sound is still emitted:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bobgraton200
    edited November 2018
     should I try do disable the speaker (or any other thing in de device manager) before the beeping start or it should not have any impact?
  • Bobgraton200
    JackE said:
    Did you try to use it at work or someplace else?  Jack E/NJ
    I did not because I don't have a proper bag for a 17 inch laptop... I just tried in different room in my house.