weird beep sound -Aspire 5 A517-51G-55G9

124»

Answers

• Bobgraton200
    Bobgraton200 Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    JackE said:
    >>>>t did not work. >>>(by the way I did not close the computer, I just put the computer on sleep mode to keep the computer awake since the beeping do not usualy start when the computer boot up, I need to wait )>>>Also, does cloning the HDD to the SSD could cause this kind of problem?>>>

If you did not close and completely power off the computer then my suggestion was NOT tested to work or not work. Also, you are just now bringing up an SSD cloning issue that I didn't realize you had done. Did you install this SSD yourself? If it was factory-installed Windows likely would've been set up to boot from the SSD, not the HDD.

Jack E/NJ 

Before doing it I tried your suggestion. But the beeping was still there.

So I tried my 2 differents drive to check if there had the same problem, so I cloned the SSD on the HDD and in the boot manager (F12 while startup) I chose to boot on the HDD. For the whole week I did not hear any beeping while I was on the HDD. And yesterday, as soon as I booted on the SSD I heard it....
    I did not install myself the SSD. Since it is a SSD m.2 slot I did not want to onpen the computer myself. I paid an informatic shop to do that. Yes my computer automaticly boot on the SSD and not the HDD. I set it in the bios.

Originaly, the SSD is a clone of my HDD.before cloning on the SSD did a factory reset on the HDD AND after cloning I did a factory reset on the SSD. I had read it could help to keep the windows "clean".
    So it seem that the problem is there only when I boot from the SSD. Do you think it could be a defect from the SSD? or that the technician who posed my SSD did something bad?
  • Bobgraton200
    edited December 2018
    I do not think ssd is in trouble, because if it was in trouble, this problem would manifest itself in the boot! Cloning also does not cause any kind of beep!
    What version of bios is currently installed on your notebook?
    Bios version 1.20 there is a new one (1.22) that released last month( 20 days ago). should I instal it right now or wait for the problem to disappear?
  • You can try to upgrade! However I do not think it will solve the beeps problem and still run the risk of turning your notebook into a brick! What is the exact model of your ssd? Have you checked for any ssd firmware updates?
    You said that beeps occur only when you connect ssd, correct? So I think it's worth just trying to update the ssd firmware, even though the problem is not in ssd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    >>>Originaly, the SSD is a clone of my HDD.>>>

Just so I'm not confused, you're saying the original factory installed boot drive was indeed an HDD. Then you had a shop intall an SSD onto which the factory HDD was cloned. So just now you discovered that the weird sound only happens when you boot from the SSD but not from the factory HDD. Does that sum it up? Jack E/NJ

PS: I agree with @egydiocoelho

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    You can try to upgrade! However I do not think it will solve the beeps problem and still run the risk of turning your notebook into a brick! What is the exact model of your ssd? Have you checked for any ssd firmware updates?
    You said that beeps occur only when you connect ssd, correct? So I think it's worth just trying to update the ssd firmware, even though the problem is not in ssd!
    I already did the firmware update of the ssd. It is a samsung 970 evo. Samsung magician did the update this week.

JackE said:
    >>>Originaly, the SSD is a clone of my HDD.>>>

Just so I'm not confused, you're saying the original factory installed boot drive was indeed an HDD. Then you had a shop intall an SSD onto which the factory HDD was cloned. So just now you discovered that the weird sound only happens when you boot from the SSD but not from the factory HDD. Does that sum it up? Jack E/NJ

PS: I agree with @egydiocoelho

Yes it sum it up. it is exactly that.

But anyway false alarm. I just discovered  the beeps are still there  but really not loud.
    When I boot on the HDD the beep is there but not loud. I have to put my ear on the computer to hear it (at the same place that I put my phone on the videos). I put my ear on the computer to hear the fan and at the same time I heard the beeps.
    If I switch to the SDD it is louder, I just have to be in the same room to hear it.

Now I would like to test the computer without the SSD but I can't since I don't really know how to open the laptop in a safe method
  • Although you find that updating bios will not solve your problem and you can also turn your notebook into brick, I think it's worth it now you try to upgrade to the latest version! I was left with no ideas on what the problem is on your notebook, even because it is working perfectly!
    However I recommend that you only update the bios if you are safe to do these procedures. It is recommended to uninstall antivirus like norton; disconnect any peripherals from the usb ports; charge the battery and leave the notebook on all the time in the electrical outlet.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    egydiocoelho>>> because it is working perfectly!>>>
    Bobgraton200
    >>>Since it is a SSD m.2 slot I did not want to onpen the computer myself. I paid an informatic shop to do that>>>

Why can't you show the shop how loud the beep is when their SSD boots, and how quiet it is when the original ACER HDD boots? Maybe the SSD has a problem Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited December 2018
    JackE said:
    egydiocoelho>>> because it is working perfectly!>>>
    Bobgraton200 >>>Since it is a SSD m.2 slot I did not want to onpen the computer myself. I paid an informatic shop to do that>>>

Why can't you show the shop how loud the beep is when their SSD boots, and how quiet it is when the original ACER HDD boots? Maybe the SSD has a problem Jack E/NJ

Yeah I will try it when I have time. It is just I have to wait because I did the installation of the SSD at over 300 km from my home while I was on vacation. There were a discount on every samsung SSD so I bougth one and paid to instal it. In january I will return and try to talk with the guys from the shop who instaled it.

I wonder what king of problem the computer have since I don't have any problem of performance. Just and the anoying beeps....

If you both think of anything else I keep my mind open!
  • JackE
    I can't explain it. Plus I can't even hear it! You better hope the shop guys don't have tinnitus like me. =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited January 2019
    Hello guys!

Except for a broken usb port, we did not find anything at the shop.
    So I installed Windows 10 again. Until now (2 weeks) there is no weird beep anymore, I hope they will not appear again!

• Continue testing the notebook and post the result here! Could it be that this usb port was closing some short circuit and why it had those beeps?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    >>>Until now (2 weeks) there is no weird beep anymore, I hope they will not appear again!>>>

Or maybe it means now you also have tinnitus!  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bobgraton200
    edited January 2019
    Continue testing the notebook and post the result here! Could it be that this usb port was closing some short circuit and why it had those beeps?

I will continue testing the notebook. I don't know if the usb port cause a short circuit. If it is that, it is gonna cost something like 50$ to repaire that. I don't think it is under warranty if it is physically broken and sending it will probably cost more. Anyway I hope those beep are gonne for ever with this new installation of windows, even if I don't know why.

JackE said:
    >>>Until now (2 weeks) there is no weird beep anymore, I hope they will not appear again!>>>

Or maybe it means now you also have tinnitus!  :) Jack E/NJ

I hope it is not that! Since I got a little tinnitus, but not in high frequency, more in the mids frequency. I dont want it to get worst. Even so, my wife  will tell me if it start again ;)