New battery won’t charge

Options

Answers

• RayP
    RayP Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
    Options
    No I didn’t but I suppose I have nothing to lose by trying it. This is bona-fide software I assume. So much on the Internet isn’t.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes! You can download it here https://www.iobit.com/pt/driver-booster.php ! It's safe!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    No need to buy the key for now!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RayP
    Options
    I've installed Driver Booster and run it. It's found 21 outdated drivers but nothing relating to the battery. I'll go ahead and update things and will report back shortly. Unless the laptop stops working!! :/
  • RayP
    Options
    It updated all 21 drivers and rebooted successfully but sad to report the problem remains.

I did find a company named AcerLapTopBattery.co.uk and they have one of those listed further up this discussion by brummyfan2. Does this look a legitimate alternative? It has a 6-cell 4400mAh and a high capacity 9-cell 6600mAh alternative.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It's perfectly compatible! Take a look at the models:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    Where did you find that PDF? I've looked through both Acer manuals and couldn't find what you posted.

If you view the images of the battery on that website they look very different to the original Acer one. Are they going to be counterfeits?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Only ACE users have access to the service guides! They are equivalent batteries and if you use the powercfg -energy command in cmd, you will see that the battery mark is the same as the original one!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    I wasn't sure of your status so thanks for clearing that up. I am extremely weary after spending two days trying to resolve this problem and after speaking to Acer support UK I'm even more depressed. Talk about being let down by a major computer company.

You didn't offer your opinion on the quality of products offered on that site. If I buy the 6 cell version I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. But then again I can't understand why the one I ordered won't work. 12 cells is to be avoided I guess.

I'll call AcerLapTopBattery.co.uk tomorrow and judge their responses. The site says the battery would be dispatched from the UK so if that's the case I'll probably order from them and go for a full refund for the battery I currently have.

I won't close this topic until I have a resolution.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send me the link to the battery website you bought? So I can take a look at her specs!
    In the service guide it only talks about 6 or 9 cell batteries!
    The site http://acerlaptopbattery.co.uk/acer-travelmate-p653-mg-73638g75mtkk-battery.htm does not belong to Acer! They are an independent distributor!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is possible that this battery has been in store stock for a long time or has a manufacturing defect! Can you take a clear photo with the date of manufacture and partnumber of that battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Can you send me the link to the battery website you bought? So I can take a look at her specs!
    In the service guide it only talks about 6 or 9 cell batteries!
    The site http://acerlaptopbattery.co.uk/acer-travelmate-p653-mg-73638g75mtkk-battery.htm does not belong to Acer! They are an independent distributor!
    I suspected they weren't an official Acer site but they have the most stock of those I have searched. Here's the link to the one I ordered.

Do you think it's okay to order the 9-cell version or should I play safe with the 6-cell. The laptop is used on mains power 95% of the time. If Acer only recommend 6 and 9 cell no wonder my 12 cell won't work.

• RayP
    Options
    It is possible that this battery has been in store stock for a long time or has a manufacturing defect! Can you take a clear photo with the date of manufacture and partnumber of that battery?
    The only images I have access to are the ones on their website. The printing and information on their photos does differ from the original by quite a bit which is why I thought it might be a cheap version. But beggars can't be choosers... :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Even so, hit a photo of the battery you received! But hit it in a way that the image gets very clear so I can see the date of manufacture and partnumber!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also test this battery on another compatible laptop to see if it really is a defect in the battery!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    Does this help? It seems to contain most of the important info.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Just so you know, I also bought a 9 cell battery here in Brazil and the partnumber of my original battery was AS10D31! However the partnumber of the new battery is different, which does not mean that it will not work and I have had this new battery for over a year and its charge lasts from 5 to 6 hours!
    What I mean by that is that one partnumber works for multiple brands and models! Your notebook supports several different partnumbers as long as they are compatible with your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I only have the Acer so can't test the battery on anything else unfortunately. This part number thing sounds like a complete nightmare for the amateur like me. I appreciate the Travelmate is compatible with several battery types but they all seem to be unavailable except the one from this acerbattery website.

Did the photo help?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,760 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hit a photo on the right side where it contains the serial number! This is the place where it has the date of manufacture!
    Then with the new battery connected to the notebook, go to the cmd as administrator and type cd ..
    until you see c: \ and now type powercfg / batteryreport / output "C: \ battery_report.html" And hit a print with the information where the name, manufacturer and capacity are displayed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,760 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm leaving now! But at night I will see these photos to continue helping you! I do not know what time it is in the UK, but I'll say "See you later!"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer