New battery won’t charge

Options

Answers

• RayP
    RayP Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hope this gives you what you need. I just copied and pasted the battery info.
  • RayP
    Options
    Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate it. 20:30hrs here and getting dark! Speak tomorrow. :)
  • RayP
    Options
    Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate it. 20:30hrs here and getting dark! Speak tomorrow. :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Good evening! This sanyo battery brand as10d31 is the same as the original brand as10g3e as this photo shows:
    I really think that this battery came with a manufacturing defect or stayed a long time in stock until it was sold to the consumer! Unfortunately this can happen! The fact that it came from China is not exactly a problem since it is very likely that all the technology shipped is American!
    It is therefore recommended that you contact the supplier and trigger the warranty and also state that the sealing of the model is different from the actual battery model! See you the as10g3e battery brand featured!
    Post the result here in the community! 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RayP
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. They did say the battery is compatible but then went on to say the 6 cell may be better than the 12 cell which is what they sent me.

I've discovered a real problem tonight regarding sending it back. I checked the rules for Li-on batteries and they cannot be sent on their own via British Royal Mail or International unless connected to a device. But Royal Mail delivered it to me!

So how did the sender get around this? I've looked at the customs label and it states USB Cover. Nothing about a battery. They lied on a customs form. That is disgraceful and against the law. The only way I can return it for a refund is to lie too. What a dilemma!
  • RayP
    Options
    You say the AS10D103E is the same as the AS10G3E but the first is a 6 cell and the second a 9 cell. Does that mean only 6 and 9 cell batteries are compatible with my laptop?
    If that's the case then it's no surprise that the one they sent - a 12 cell - isn't compatible. Is there any software that can show the number of cells a battery has?
  • RayP
    Options
    I entered my SNID on the Acer support site and it retrieved the laptop's info including battery info. It confirms it's a 9 cell so that's the one I need to go for I think. Do you agree?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    A 6, 9 or 12 cell battery is to work on your notebook! This partnumber as10d31, despite being a 12 cell battery, was supposed to work on your notebook without any problems! However I recommend that you switch to one of 9 cells that for sure you will have a range of at least 5 hours in length, depending on the shape you will use the notebook, since the battery 12 cells unfortunately is not working properly!
    I do not know any program that counts the number of cells! However you will realize that the design capacity of the battery will decrease over time!

On battery delivery via the post office, the Chinese usually do this type of procedure to pay less tax! If the actual battery value were stated, the cost of shipping would be higher! There is also a risk of the lithium battery exploding in shipping, so some couriers have strict rules regarding the import of these products!
    Here in Brazil the importation of lithium batteries is also rigorous! However that does not mean that you can not import a battery by legal channels!
    Now a question: Does the battery light come on when it is connected to the notebook and the notebook connected to the electrical outlet?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RayP
    Options
    Good morning! I agree that a 6, 9 or 12 cell battery should work and I'm baffled why this one won't especially when the laptop can draw power from it.

I appreciate a 9 cell won't last as long as a 12 cell but my priority at this stage is to get a replacement before the remaining power on my existing one reduces to the point where it cannot hold a charge. It's already down to around 23000 from its original of 90000. I rarely use the laptop on battery power so the power capacity isn't that important.

I've had a reply from them this morning and they said they use logistics agents to get around the lithium battery rule. Not sure that's relevant but I'm not going to argue with them over that. I've asked for a refund and will send the battery back today once they supply an address. It has to go to China unfortunately.

With the new battery in the charge light blinks orange when connected to mains power. If I remove mains power it still blinks. Does that help identify the problem?
  • RayP
    Options
    I've heard back from the UK supplier that has one of the batteries listed by Acer as being compatible - BT.0603.129. They have a 6 and 9 cell versions.

I will buy the 9 cell as it matches the model Acer state is for my laptop. The company state they ship from England by a courier company and I know they have less stringent rules on shipping lithium batteries than Royal Mail. Hopefully that one will work. I'll keep you posted.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Look this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    Thanks. At 50% it can’t be low charge so it must be abnormal stop charge which makes sense. 

They have supplied an RMA and address.I checked cost of sending it back via Royal Mail. £5 unsigned or £10 with a signature. They don’t want 5o pay more than £10. I have offered to accept £40 refund and not send it back. They may decide to offer £30 to close things. I should have an answer by tomorrow morning. They offered to send 6 cell for £10 and keep existing battery so maybe they can compromise.

One thing I noticed. In the BIOS the battery threshold for charging is 20%. Is that okay? I assume so as I reset BIOS to defaults yesterday.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you hit a photo of your bios in this setting? Maybe that's the problem and so your battery is not charging!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is the battery limit when you are carrying a cell phone or other peripheral with the notebook turned off!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    Can you hit a photo of your bios in this setting? Maybe that's the problem and so your battery is not charging!
    I read that as the point at which the laptop would not operate on battery power. But I'll take a photo and be back in a few minutes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is the battery limit when you are carrying a cell phone or other peripheral with the notebook turned off!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    Here's a photo of the setting as requested.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you plug in any peripherals and want to charge it with the notebook turned off, the notebook will power up to 20%! When the notebook battery reaches this percentage, the notebook will no longer charge the peripherals like cellphone, tablet!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Options
    When you plug in any peripherals and want to charge it with the notebook turned off, the notebook will power up to 20%! When the notebook battery reaches this percentage, the notebook will no longer charge the peripherals like cellphone, tablet!
    Understood. I do charge my mobile phone but only on my desktop PCs, never the laptop. Pity the problem wasn't associated with this! Sometimes the solutions can be so easy and obvious.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Take a test! Insert the old battery and turn off the notebook: check if your phone or tablet is charging by plugging it into a USB 3.0 port!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer