New battery won’t charge

Options
124»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is the door that carries the cellulare and tablets!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RayP
    RayP Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Sorry, but that is not a priority right now. Things have just become worse. My existing battery is now showing as 97% not charging. Does that mean it is coming to the end of its working life? Arrgghh!!!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How old is your old battery? Have you ever done a full charge and discharge cycle to calibrate your meter? Calibrating means charging it 100% with the notebook off; then turn on the notebook and set the notebook to turn off when it reaches 5%! Do not let the notebook hibernate or turn off the display! When the notebook turns off when it reaches 5%, leave it turned off for two hours and connect to charge up to 100% again!
    But honestly, I think your battery has reached the end of its useful life!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RayP
    Options
    It's the original when I bought the laptop on 31 October 2013. Just short of 5 years. Any calibration would have been done years ago. Nothing in the last 12 months.

It looks like I'm going to have to buy from that other supplier as they are the only company who stock a battery listed by Acer. I'll come back when I have some news for you but for now I'd like to thank you for the help you have provided. You are a shining example of how customer service works.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK my friend! Thank you for the recognition!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RayP
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just to conclude this discussion I have decided not to buy the replacement battery from another internet company as they’re not replying to emails and that’s before I place an order. They would probably be a nightmare if the battery didn’t work.

I have sent the battery I received on Monday back to China. They have promised to refund cost and postage. I’ll put the Acer into mothballs once I’ve transferred files to a new Dell X15 I will order tomorrow. Dell have made me a good deal. Pity Acer couldn’t supply a new battery. Something for them to think about.

My thanks to my brilliant Acer helper egydiocoelho who tried so hard to fix the problem. Viva Brazil!  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Thank you very much for the acknowledgment my friend @RayP=)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer